What's new

Need some BD RW recommendations.

NES_player4LIFE

Texture Pack Invader
What I am looking for is a nice, slim, Blu-ray player/Burner.
I would prefer Usb 3.0.

Can anyone recommend one?

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
I'd recommend a Samsung one... Recent Samsung drives have a neat fast lead-in tech that makes the drive recognize discs in a second. Literally. You insert the disc and the drive just sees it without you waiting until the drive reads the lead-in and re-spin and all that. It's like a HDD to SSD transition... for optical drives. :p

winter_mute

Galactic FREAK
I'd recommend a Samsung one... Recent Samsung drives have a neat fast lead-in tech that makes the drive recognize discs in a second. Literally. You insert the disc and the drive just sees it without you waiting until the drive reads the lead-in and re-spin and all that. It's like a HDD to SSD transition... for optical drives. :p
Didn't know about that. Thanks for sharing info.

Also, I've checked Samsung offer, and need to say that, this model
http://www.samsung.com/au/consumer/pc-peripherals/optical-disc-drive/archive/SE-506AB/TSBD-features
looks great, especially if you want to use it as portable BR player.

but... I would personally held till new, updated version come out, since USB2 + BD-R SL - 6X (27MB/sec) is kinda outdated compared to silver USB3 drive performance 14x BD-R SL and 12x BD-R DL.

ergo, fast disk recognition is cool feature, but you still need to wait twice longer to burn BD :]

cheers.

Last edited:

smcd

I have that drive winter_mute the se-506ab and aside from usb2 limitations, it's been great (getting it for about $68 USD was what made me get it)

OP
NES_player4LIFE

NES_player4LIFE

Texture Pack Invader
Thanks guys, 27MB/sec would be depressing and I would probably throw the thing out a window. :)