What's new

Twilight Princess - FPS and sound issues with Dolphin 3.5 (Wii Version)

webzster

I usually have stable 30 fps, but as soon as i enter hyrule field it drops to 20-25.
It's not a huge fps drop but it's still quite annoying at times.
And the the sound often bugs out, like disappearing or cutting out ramdomly.
I've read that the sound can be fixed if using LLE instead of HLE, but then my fps drops to 20 or less making it unplayable.
I am using Direct3D11 with 1680x1050 Fullscreen Resolution
Internal Resolution 3x Native (1920x1584), No AA and 1x Anisotropic Filtering

My rig

GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 670 2048MB
CPU: Intel Core i7 2600k 4.0GHz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB 1600Mhz
MB: MSI Z77A-S01 ATX

I feel like i've tried everthing but i just can't get stable 30 fps using LLE.
What settings should i use in Dolphin for best performance?

F

Fanatic 64

First, this question goes here.

And as far as I know, the only thing you can do is getting a more powerful PC (although you already have a Intel Core i7 overclocked at 4.0 GHz, the only thing I could suggest is pumping it to 5.0 GHz and getting a Nvidia GeForce GTX 780)

Or you could try using the GameCube version and/or lowering the resolution.

Anything involving GFX will not help here, this game is very slow even on the best consumer computers, the only thing to do is OC more.

I actually recommend INCREASING the GFX enhancements, since they will have no effect on your GPU (unless you go crazy)

Toasty

Sony battery
This is a well known issue in Dolphin. Even the fastest overclocked CPUs will probably have a hard time hitting 100% in Hyrule Field after rescuing Colin from King Bulblin. If memory serves, some bug causes the minimap to be re-rendered every frame, which slows things down considerably. For the time being, your options are to try hitting 5+ GHz, play on a Wii/Wii U, or put up with the slowness. I've heard the Haswell CPUs have some architectural improvements that help out Dolphin too, so you might not have to hit such a high clock rate with one of those.

Last edited:
I don't really think this is an "issue" per se, one of the developers just looked into this and said he couldn't speed it up.

Last edited:
F

Fanatic 64

Let me rephrase that for Toasty :p, are issues only 'issues per se' if the developers know how to fix them? :p

Toasty

Sony battery
Thanks for seeing us through to the next logical response in this thoroughly engrossing discussion, Fanatic 64. :D