What's new

puNES 0.68 control problems

Black Zero

I've recently acquired a Retro Bit NES USB Control adapter + a original NES control to use for puNES, Gambatte, Magic-Engine etc.

It works great for Gambatte and Magic-Engine but not for puNES.
The problem I have is that the D-Pad isn't configurable and usable because somehow puNES is super sensitive and all it want to do is to set every button to JPOVF meaning Forward (UP)

I have tried changing things manually in the Input.cfg and A, B, Start, Select works just fine but not the D-Pad.

I'm currently using an original SNES controller along with an adapter from MayFlash to somehow get an authentic feel but it's not the same.

The NES controller and adapter also works in Jnes but I really wanna move on because puNES is so much accurate.

I also tried calibrating the control but it doesn't change anything and every other control I have works just fine in puNES not just the original NES one that I want to use.

I guess my only option is to try other emulators but frankly puNES is the best NES emulator I've ever used.

What are you guys suggesting?

F

Fanatic 64

If you really want an accurate emulator try Nestopia, it is currently the only cycle-accurate (the highest accuracy possible, although it is not perfectly accurate) NES emulator out there.

Or you could try getting support on the official "page".

OP
B

Black Zero

If you really want an accurate emulator try Nestopia, it is currently the only cycle-accurate (the highest accuracy possible, although it is not perfectly accurate) NES emulator out there.

Or you could try getting support on the official "page".

Thanks for your answer.

I absolutely love puNES and don't want to get rid of it + I got it to work and solved the problem by using a little freeware JoyToKey program called J2K - A Joystick to Keyboard Mapper 1.1

I mapped the keyboard keys in puNES that I wanted to use (A = X, B = Z, Select = C, Start = V, Up = Up Arrow, Left = Left Arrow, Down = Down Arrow, Right = Right Arrow and left everything else blank), then mapped those keys to the corresponding NES controller buttons in J2K, saved the profile and was done.

The result was perfect and I'm now enjoying all my NES games with the refurbished original NES controller. So a tip to all of you, if you ever got problems with a controller and an emulator, try to use this J2K program.

FHorse

I've recently acquired a Retro Bit NES USB Control adapter + a original NES control to use for puNES, Gambatte, Magic-Engine etc.

It works great for Gambatte and Magic-Engine but not for puNES.
The problem I have is that the D-Pad isn't configurable and usable because somehow puNES is super sensitive and all it want to do is to set every button to JPOVF meaning Forward (UP)

I have tried changing things manually in the Input.cfg and A, B, Start, Select works just fine but not the D-Pad.

I'm currently using an original SNES controller along with an adapter from MayFlash to somehow get an authentic feel but it's not the same.

The NES controller and adapter also works in Jnes but I really wanna move on because puNES is so much accurate.

I also tried calibrating the control but it doesn't change anything and every other control I have works just fine in puNES not just the original NES one that I want to use.

I guess my only option is to try other emulators but frankly puNES is the best NES emulator I've ever used.

What are you guys suggesting?
In the new version this bug is fixed.

- - - Updated - - -

To tell the truth, it is also puNES is cycle-accurate, highly "cycle-accurate". :)