What's new

Glide64mk2 Stretching?

Xenophylum

My apologies if this has been posted before because I couldn't find it, and when I searched Google all I could find was source code, which looking through looks like it should support widescreen\stretching the aspect ratio.

Basically I have a 16:10 monitor and a 16:9 TV connected to my computer. Well I find that the Glide64 plugin works much better (at least for the games I'm playing), but it doesn't stretch the aspect ratio from 4:3. I'm using Mupen64plus v2.0. I guess specifically the game that I want to run is The Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time, but that seems irrelevant as this seems to occur with all of them.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

OP
X

Xenophylum

Ah, so I'm not the only one who looked in the source code a bit. I noticed a ChangeSize() and a _ChangeSize which ChangeSize() seemed to handle the aspect ratio as far as I could tell and it was called by some InitGFX function I believe. It looked like the code was there as I saw some math related to stretching the aspect ratio. But I am no expert programmer. I guess I could see if I could compile it myself.

(By the way, sorry to any moderators, I didn't notice that there was a sub forum specifically for mupen64plus)

V1del

Turns out we're stupid, the setting is simply not exported, adjusting the "aspect" option in the [DEFAULT] section in the glide64mk2.ini will get us what we want, 0 for 4:3, 1 for 16:9, 2 for stretch, 3 for original... can't believe it took me this long to notice xP

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
X

Xenophylum

Ha, can't believe I didn't notice that of all things... I got lucky, I searched Google and found my post again, and there you were with an edited post XD. Wish I had noticed this a few months earlier haha. Thank you!