Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Oh. So the file "run_glide.sh" that comes with the download IS glide64mk2? Because I thought that was separate that you had to download from here: https://bitbucket.org/richard42/mupe...4mk2/downloads

And when do I type this in Terminal: ./run_glide.sh "~/Desktop/ROMS/Super Mario Kart 64.v64"
    The way I usually run games is:
    CEN0029181:~ kasperkuzmicki$ cd /Users/kasperkuzmicki/Desktop/ROMS/mupen64plus.app/Contents/MacOS
    CEN0029181:MacOS kasperkuzmicki$ ls

And then a bunch of stuff shows up, and I type
    CEN0029181:MacOS kasperkuzmicki$ ./mupen64plus /Users/kasperkuzmicki/Desktop/ROMS/example.v64

That's basically what I found on a tutorial once. For some reason, that method doesn't work anymore.

Emulator Developer
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kwaspek104 View Post
    Oh. So the file "run_glide.sh" that comes with the download IS glide64mk2? Because I thought that was separate that you had to download from here: https://bitbucket.org/richard42/mupe...4mk2/downloads

And when do I type this in Terminal: ./run_glide.sh "~/Desktop/ROMS/Super Mario Kart 64.v64"
    The way I usually run games is:
    CEN0029181:~ kasperkuzmicki$ cd /Users/kasperkuzmicki/Desktop/ROMS/mupen64plus.app/Contents/MacOS
    CEN0029181:MacOS kasperkuzmicki$ ls

And then a bunch of stuff shows up, and I type
    CEN0029181:MacOS kasperkuzmicki$ ./mupen64plus /Users/kasperkuzmicki/Desktop/ROMS/example.v64

That's basically what I found on a tutorial once. For some reason, that method doesn't work anymore.
    The 2.0 bundle includes both the glide64mk2 and rice video plugins. The run_rice.sh and run_glide.sh scripts should be in the same directory which includes mupen64plus.app. So you can do this:

Code:
    cd /Users/kasperkuzmicki/Desktop/ROMS/
    ./run_glide.sh "/Users/kasperkuzmicki/Desktop/ROMS/example.v64"
    Actually your old method should still work as well, but you need to give command-line options to select which video plugin to use. The run_*.sh scripts just send these options for you. You can run like this: "./mupen64plus --help" to see all of the options available.

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    OH MY GOD IT WORKS.

I LOVE YOU.

PLEASE HAVE MY CHILDREN.

Ahem. Excuse me. Seriously, thank you. I've been trying to get this game to work for a while on a MAC. I'm gonna go try to figure out how to configure a controller and use save states now...

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Hey Richard, disregard any of my reports about glide64mk2 not stretching, turns out I'm an idiot an you can simply set the value in the ini, which I completely forgot about.

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Just dumping this here because I don't think Richard42 comes on that often. Anyway Hydro Thunder is playable with compiled git versions. It was probably just over looked in testing I think. I tried countperop=3 at first, but it would freeze at the beginning of the races. Then I tried 1 which made the game seem playable. I finished the first race just fine, and played a little of a second one. It's probably not completely stable since I haven't done more testing, but right now it seems good enough.

Edit: by the way very awesome hack. It really pushes the emulator compatibility a lot higher, maybe even to project64 levels.
    Last edited by Zuzma; January 26th, 2014 at 16:32.

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hello,
    I recently downloaded Mupen64Plus v2.0 for the first time, so I am very new to this operation of booting the emulator and the ROM from the Terminal. I've been trying to learn by following this thread as well as many other sites, but still seem to be coming up short. Here's what I've done so far to no avail:
    I've placed my mupen64plus.app along with the run_rice.sh and run_glide.sh scripts in a folder labeled ROMS on my desktop along with the game I'm wanting to play: donkeykong64.v64. I then have been trying to boot the emulator and play the game by entering terminal and simply entering this code:

cd /Users/~/Desktop/ROMS/
    ./run_glide.sh "/Users/~/Desktop/ROMS/donkeykong64.v64"

From that, I get the reply:

-bash: ./run_glide.sh: Permission denied

I really have no idea what I'm doing wrong or what to do. Your help would be greatly appreciated!

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Seems like you're lacking permissions, can you give the output of
    Code:
    ls -al
    after the "cd"? If you'd like a GUI you could also give m64py a try. There's also the problem that 2.0 has a bug in DK64 which can lead to a level restart when swinging on lianes, basically making succesful completion rely on luck to not trigger this bug, it has since been fixed. Idk how m64py handles distribution on mac but it may have included a mupen version recent enough to have this fix

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12