What's new

Fatal Error in Pokemon Stadium

Mikierov

I need some advice to solve a very specific problem with this ROM. The problem seems to be some kind of bug. When the move "substitute" is used during an in game battle, the game crashes and a message appears saying "fatal error emulation stopped" . If the debugger is allowed the message will be more specific as shown in the picture file I included in this post

Im using project 64 version 2.1 and I've already tried to use 5 different version of the ROM and every single one freezes when the guy that narates the battles says "It created a substitute" so i guess the problem is related to the emulator and not with the ROM

I dont know if this is true but I have heard that an option called Advanced block linking has something to do with this problem but i cant find where to enable/disable this option, as far as i know this didn´t happened in project 64 1.6 but i cant load my save files from 2.1 in version 1.6 to continue my game so I would like to fix this bug to keep using 2.1

Attachments

• Picture.png
    Picture.png
    465.6 KB · Views: 10,643
Last edited:
F

Fanatic 64

I dont know if this is true but I have heard that an option called Advanced block linking has something to do with this problem but i cant find where to enable/disable this option
In Opciones/Configuración.../Config: Pokemon Stadium/Recompiler.

OP
M

Mikierov

thanks for the menu location mate, I solved the problem! but Advanced block linking was not the solution, actually that setting must be enabled but you should change recompiler to interpret in the same menu to avoid the weird error

RetroGamer93

thanks for the menu location mate, I solved the problem! but Advanced block linking was not the solution, actually that setting must be enabled but you should change recompiler to interpret in the same menu to avoid the weird error

I have the same problem with the same ROM in project64 and did exactly this, but the game still crashes and sends that message. Please, can anyone tell me how to fix it?