What's new

Winter_mute using emutalk email database and spamming to try to rig a contest

lamouettasse

Hello everyone,

I just received an email from winter_mute on my personnal email adress titled "consider support with only two click" inviting me to help him rigging a polish photo contest so he could win a smarphone which allegedly would help him "test android emulator". Yeah, the exact exclusive reason the people want hi-end smartphone... What the **** emutalk? Is that the use you do of the personnal information I gave you to suscribe? What is going on here? Who is this fool and has he got the right to do that?

Last edited by a moderator:

NES_player4LIFE

Texture Pack Invader
winter_mute is one of our moderators that post's news on the emulation64 network of which this site is a part of.

If you haven't yet please turn off the contact via email option if you wish not to be contacted.

winter_mute

Galactic FREAK
Thank you NES_player4LIFE, but I see there's gonna be mess, so let me explain a few things:

1) Mails, are real thing. For confirmation, please refer to initial post on e64/ET network
http://www.emulation64.com/view/2361/
and PSEmu.pl - E64 affiliated and hosted on ET servers, :
http://psemu.pl/index.php?dzial=Niusy&pokaz=nius&nid=4121

2) You know Martin, he's a great guy, and kind enough to let me send mails to ET users after approval its content. If someone is mad about this situation, I'm the one to blame - others just want to help, just as they did for the last 10+ years.

3) This is one-time action, so don't worry, there will be no other mails. I just, really need your support in this particular situation, and because it doesn't require any sacrifice, or big effort - just 2 clicks in less than minute, I decided to ask for your help.

4) I didn't and I still don't have intention to spam your email, or annoy anyone in any way. If someone feels offended, please accept my apology.

5) Because of the large number of ET users, board's mass-mail script does not work as it should. Even after splitting operation to small portions it often behaves in unexpected ways: hangs, changes setting and restarts the users queue. If someone get my mail despite selecting appropriate options in UCP, or get mail more than once... again, please accept my apology, it wasn't on purpose.

6) ... and most importantly, thank you for your understanding and help.

If you have any other questions, please do not hesitate to ask. I will try to answer, best I can.

Regards,
w_m

winter_mute

Galactic FREAK
Hello everyone,
I just received an email from winter_mute on my personnal email adress titled "consider support with only two click" inviting me to help him rigging a polish photo contest so he could win a smarphone
Yeah, that's right, see above.
which allegedly would help him "test android emulator". Yeah, the exact exclusive reason the people want hi-end smartphone...
Belive or not, but it's also true. My current smartphone - first edition of Moto Defy (MB525), runs tops: ePSXe with half speed, FPse even worse, and PPSSPP dont handle at all, just like any ogl plugin. I had the opportunity to test HTC OneX (first version, without +) in January (chcek out PSEmu.pl - there are news about it), ogl plugins with ePSXe and FPse still suck, but in in hardware/software mode emulators runs flawless, PPSSPP in v0.5/0.6 runs at half speed with lots of gfx issues (mostly fonts). Current release I've tested only on PC - don't have, and can't effort to get hi-end smartphone ATM. So dude, emulators are exactly reason why I could use new phone. To be honest I don't see any others reasons.
What the fuck emutalk? Is that the use you do of the personnal information I gave you to suscribe? What is going on here? Who is this fool [...]
I understand that you may be nervous about this situation, but... that's no reason to use this such language, tone or offend anyone. Therefore, please think twice before you rush to rude conclusions.
Who is this fool and has he got the right to do that?
Well, if you really need to know. I hope to be someone, Martin can call a good pal, since we know each other from some time now, he always help me, and I just want to do something in return... so since year and a half, I'm news-poster at e64. Moreover, as you can see, and as other call me, I'm ET moderator with full admin rights, and server access.

Any other questions?

Last edited:

Remote

That's funny, I always though Martin was like the stig, but instead of noone knowing who he is, noone knows what he does... :p

OP
L

lamouettasse

Any other questions?

I don't have any other questions as far as you eluded to enlight me about how cool and normal it is to rig contests, which is a kind of clear answer in its own way. And no, doing so just for you to obtain a smartphone to test trivial things for a community that doesn't ask you to do so isn't a justification at all, just a very very bad and pathetic excuse, in my eyes at least.

Wanna test those things and your phone won't let you? Try the android emulator included in the android SDK. I know it's way less cool as you can't show it around and it won't be made of aluminium, but hey! You just want to test emulators don't you? As you're openly not considering using this phone to call someone it's just the perfect solution for you: your karma would be spared. The very little amount of effort needed to make it run is much more rewarding than cheating, as you may find if you try.

Being spammed is already annoying and having someone I don't know the first thing about asking me to forget all senses of ethic and critic to vote for what I personally consider a bad photo so he could get his HTC one just send me through the roof. Even more when I consider your terrible justifications. A +600$ phone that would be used just to test emulators, let me laugh twice... First cause it's just absolutely unbelievable, second if this was the truth (and let's face it: I clearly doubt it) then it's just a silly waste as it clearly would be best used by other contestants that would have a real talent. Again, in my very own eyes at least.

I don't care if you're an administrator, affiliated to ET, and posted things and everything, it just doesn't give you the right to do what you're trying to do. You're just a regular bloke who happens to have been given the administrator right and the emails you sent just show how the guy who gave you the keys was wrong. Abusing your administator privileges to trick everyone into helping you cheating is just despicable and this is exactly why I consider you a damn fool. In fact I used the word fool as an euphemism cause I'm a really diplomatic guy. I just absolutely hate cheater and don't give a damn if they get offended by my judgement. Concerning my language and considering how gross it is to spam and cheat let's call it even: consider you've got your ****** up ways to "win" contests, I've got mine to express how ****** upset I am about this. You may or may not understand this, personally I don't care.

As you're such a premium guy around here with all the keys and everything I'd be more than happy if my emutalk account was deleted by your hand. My point being made goodbye everybody!!

Last edited by a moderator:

NES_player4LIFE

Texture Pack Invader
Your point has been made and the issue is being handled.
Please there is no need for offensive language.

I understand that you are upset and I am on your side, however the insulting of staff members is uncalled for.

Nobody is going to delete your account for calling a Moderator out.

winter_mute

Galactic FREAK
Wanna test those things and your phone won't let you? Try the android emulator included in the android SDK. I know it's way less cool as you can't show it around and it won't be made of aluminium, but hey! You just want to test emulators don't you?
Wow, thats great idea - running playstation (risc mips) code, on ARM dedicated emulator (e.g. epsxe android), on java ARM emulator (and SDK), on x86 hardware with heavy OS. Only one question, hot to get paid apk on SDK emulator. I know, it can be done, but is it legal?
Oh, and one more thing - already tried that, both SDK and x86 android, apks runs slower than on my old defy, and lots things simply don't work.

As for rest. I never said that spam mails to ET users is so cool, and I feel great with sending them. I also didn't expected that everyone will be happy with it, especially that I'm not good at words, and I can't properly express my thoughts in English. If anyone wishes apology from me, I will gladly say sorry.
But tell me, is it a reason to drop by in rage, and insult someone you do not even know, using vulgar language? You could always ask polite. You could ignore/delete msg if you don't believe in it or don't like it. It's your personal matter. If you don't want to help, simply don't.

I can respect your decision... just like to be grateful for those 279 ppl who believe, and help me with their support. That's all.

Remote

Tbh dudes, if this thing gets your wheels spinning, you have way too little interesting things to think about.

(1) It was approved.

(2) It was for a subpart of the member database.

(3) The e-mail per se was non controversial.

(4) Get over it.

John Peterson

## References

### Contest

The contest

* [conditions](kreujemymiasto.pl/page/pages/view/regulamin)

* [rank](kreujemymiasto.pl/ranking)

entries

* kreujemymiasto.pl/media/fancybox_photo/275
* kreujemymiasto.pl/media/fancybox_photo/284
* kreujemymiasto.pl/media/fancybox_photo/285

### Vote solicitation

The vote solicitation message

* emulation64.com/view/2361
* psemu.pl/index.php?dzial=Niusy&pokaz=nius&nid=4121
* [electronic mail](dropbox.com/sh/2z5p162ovqtbn17/GZ8UskWKnT/note/emutalk.net/vote_solicitation.txt)

Searching for the vote solicitation message

* [URL search](google.com/search?q=kreujemymiasto.pl/media/fancybox_photo/284)

### Photography

The photography value is affected by

* [a tilted horizon](google.com/search?q=photo+tilted+horizon)

## Contest conditions

Regarding the contest conditions

What's the probability that picture 284

>The competition runs from 01 May 2013 until 30 June 2013.

is in the top 10 at the end of the competition?

10% because

* it has 338 votes compared to position 3's 1 484 votes

>The jury will select three winning entries from among the 10 who received the most votes cast by Internet users.

is selected if it's in the top 10?

1% because

* an illuminated fountain is less interesting than some of the other photos
* the horizon is tilted around 3° which is a distraction

>d) All votes cast will be reviewed by the Moderator (in the person of the representative of the organizer) and votes obtained in an improper manner will be removed and will not be subject to counting,

>f) The organizer reserves that all forms of unfair practices by the participants in the Contest or any other person to donate voices will result in removal of the Works competition from participation in the Contest, cancellation of votes gained fraudulently or disqualification of the participant. The Organizer considers unfair practices particularly unfair competition and violation of the copyrights of others, and use of all kinds of scripts intended to mislead or participants of the Competition Organiser,

g) when making the attempt by fraudulent voters casting votes, the Promoter reserves the right to choose Work winning the competition with all Works submitted by the participants in the contest.

this rule is applied to the vote solicitation through website and electronic mail messages described in this topic?

20% because

the website solicitation can be located through a URL search

it's in the interest of other competition entries to inform the competition administration about the potential noncompliance with the competition conditions (because if a competing entry is removed it increases the probability of being in the top 10 when the compeition ends)

if the vote soliciation message is considered by the competition administration this increase the probability that the rule is applied to the message

the vote solicitation message doesn't make it clear that the vote should only be cast if the voter consider this entry to be the best entry because

* it doesn't provide a link to all entries which is necessary to consider all entries

* the message that make this clear isn't in the vote solicitation message

>visit contest page with MY PHOTO (2) search for green "Głosuj" button at bottom-right side of screen (3) Click it, and wait till it changes to "Głos oddany"

Last edited: