Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fanatic 64 View Post
    If only M64P had sound sampling outside of Linux...
    They have. For example the Windows builds are statically linked against speex and libsamplerate: https://code.google.com/p/mupen64plu...mpilingOnLinux

Fanatic 64
    If only you could have that without having to cross-compile on Linux...

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Good news! Thanks to your open source code, I'm able to rip, TWINE sound bank! I'll try my hand at all the Musyx games before updating N64 Sound Tool publicly. Maybe we'll see some beta sounds. It does look like TWINE has a lot of deleted sounds though (not recoverable), as the digits skip many values. I'm not sure how the music works, this was only sfx, but it has instruments. Stay tuned.
    Last edited by SubDrag; January 8th, 2014 at 06:16.

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fanatic 64 View Post
    If only you could have that without having to cross-compile on Linux...
    Then just build mupen64plus-audio-sdl under windows against libsamplerate/libspeex. I really don't understand your problem

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I've updated the zip of N64 Sound Tool to include Musyx parsing of:
    The World Is Not Enough Rugrats In Paris, NBA Show Time, Hydro Thunder, Tarzan, Gauntlet Legend, Rush 2049

The rest of the Musyx games have compressed sound tables, which will fall one day, once we get the compression. I probably could brute force decompress them in RAM if someone has a specific need for one of them, but for now, once decompressed I'll add them.

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Bobby Smiles, which Musyx game uses load_samples_PCM16? All the games I've seen use musyx adpcm.

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SubDrag View Post
    Bobby Smiles, which Musyx game uses load_samples_PCM16? All the games I've seen use musyx adpcm.
    Never seen a game using it. But since it was implemented in the ucode, I implemented it as well.

Anyway, great to see that HLE musyx is helping someone

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Nice job getting MusyX working. Were you able to do it for one game and have it work for the others or how many different variants have you found? If I get back to working on my audio plugin again, would you mind if I used the code to round out HLE?
    -Azimer

"I am not a teacher: only a fellow traveler of whom you asked the way.
    I pointed ahead -- ahead of myself as well as of you." (George Bernard Shaw)

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Azimer View Post
    Were you able to do it for one game and have it work for the others or how many different variants have you found?
    I've found 4 versions of musyx ucode:
    - Rogue Squadron
    - ResidentEvil2 + Polaris SnowCross
    - The World Is Not Enough + Rugrats in Paris + NBA Showtime + Hydro Thunder + Tarzan + Gauntlet Legend + Rush 2049
    - Indiana Jones + Battle For Naboo

For my implementation I used the version from Rogue Squadron as it seemed to be the first game using this technology.

I haven't performed a full diff between each version, but they all seems to be very similar (some addresses changed, some instructions were reordered... things like that) as they all work with the version I implemented.

Quote Originally Posted by Azimer View Post
    If I get back to working on my audio plugin again, would you mind if I used the code to round out HLE?
    The code is licensed under the GPL2, you can do whatever this license allows you to.

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    It turns out load_samples_PCM16 is used by Rogue Squadron. I'm working on seeing where it's used. Also, so far, of the games we've been to dump from, most have 0x1C per entry in the Musyx control file, while Rogue Squadron has 0x18 per entry. It is missing a 4-byte 00000000, that ingame is turned into the ROM address of the sound data.
    Last edited by SubDrag; January 13th, 2014 at 14:56.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast