What's new

Ricevideo and 1964 r146

Pulstar

I'm getting this with the latest RiceVideo plugin (0.1.7). It used to work before, but now it displays nothing. Other video plugins work so the issue is with RV. Should I remove/update those BMGlib* DLLs in the base folder? Or just revert to an older build? Seems strange.

Attachments

• Untitled-1.jpg
    Untitled-1.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 848
F

Fanatic 64

1. That's not the latest version of Rice Video. 1964 isn't kept updated. You can download the latest version at http://adf.ly/PVYhn.
2. What ROM are you trying to play?

OP
P

Pulstar

1. That's not the latest version of Rice Video. 1964 isn't kept updated. You can download the latest version at
2. What ROM are you trying to play?

I got the latest RV from EmuCR. Okay thanks I'll try that link.

Edit - OK same result. Should I try 1964js?

Last edited:
F

Fanatic 64

I got the latest RV from EmuCR. Okay thanks I'll try that link.

Edit - OK same result. Should I try 1964js?
Don't download anything from EmuCR, they only compile buggy software.

1964js in a web emulator written in JavaScript (and very inaccurate), that's not what you're looking for.

You don't say what game are you trying to run. Some games are compatible and some are not. Tell me what game it is, and if possible also the game's region (America, Europe, Japan, etc).

OP
P

Pulstar

Doesn't matter which game I try. Thanks for the help anyhow. Should I switch to Project64 SVN? There's a bit of confusion regarding that one. What's the difference between the commercial (donate) version and the SVN one?

death--droid

I don't know which SVN are you talking about.
Hese probably speaking about the svn version of project64 1.6 I had up for awhile that I did ab it of work on (that ended up probably doing more damage than good in the long run) I highly recommend use of the latest Project 64 2.1 (or whatever version its up to now.)

The lack of visuals could be caused by not having the latest redistributable of directX installed and MSVC C++ 2010 redistributable installed

OP
P

Pulstar

Unticking the "fullscreen" option in 1964 seemed to have solved the problem. I guess it's an issue of compatibility. Is it true that the PJ64 installer has some sort of malware? Or just FUD?

OP
P

Pulstar

I see. If I had a fast CPU I'd opt for SoftGraphic but seeing as video emulation is still fiddly I have to deal on a per-game basis.

Joemathew

Hey there all i am Joe matthew..sorry for making my intro out here..i couldn't find any appropriate thread...Just wanted to be a part of this community and make most out of it by staying here,.