What's new

Dolphin Hot key Configuration

DuFF_BeeR

i currently have Dolphin 3.5-367 and i was wondering if there is anyway to configure the save and load hot keys to the a Logitech Dual action controller instead of having to press Shift+F1 to save and Pressing F1 to load.
does anyone have any pointers?

EDIT:
i get to the configure screen and i can only change the save and load buttons to those on the keyboard only, i would like to make it so i can use the controller instead of the keyboard

Last edited by a moderator:

DETOMINE

EDIT:
i get to the configure screen and i can only change the save and load buttons to those on the keyboard only, i would like to make it so i can use the controller instead of the keyboard
You can easily map a key to a joystick (and vice versa) with autohotkey
http://www.autohotkey.com/
http://www.autohotkey.com/docs/misc/RemapJoystick.htm

I'm in the mood for helping today :) so :
-install autohotkey (it's free and opensource in case you are wondering)
-you may want to configure Dolphin so it uses a single key for save/load (in my example "F1" and "F2"). It makes the script a little simpler.
-create a text file named WHATEVERNAME.ahk
Paste the following :
Joy1::Send {F1} ; Have button #1 send a F1 keystroke
Joy2::Send {F2} ; Have button #2 send a F2 keystroke
-save/quit your text editor
-double click on the file.

DONE

Note :
-If you want to use a second joystick you can use 2Joy instead of Joy (for example 2Joy4 is the button #4 of the second joystick)
-if you want to use complex key (for exemple Shift F1), use +F1 instead of F1.
http://www.autohotkey.com/docs/Hotkeys.htm

edit : I uploaded a file to help you. Remember that you need to modify it a little to fit your need.

Attachments

• MapJoyKey.zip
    231 bytes · Views: 318
Last edited:
OP
D

DuFF_BeeR

i have auto hot key for DOTA 2, but heres the problem the script was created by someone else on the DOTA 2 community forums, i have NO idea how i would go about rigging a script for the Dolphin, if someone has a link that could lead me in the right direction, or has done this before themselves and would like to explain it to me i would appreciate it most greatly

DETOMINE

i want button 6 on the joypad to save it and i want button 7 on the joypad to load it
Assuming Dolphin default configuration (Shift+F1 to save and F1 to load).
Assuming the joystick you use is the #1 Joystick.

See the attached file from this post (MapJoyKey2.zip).

Attachments

• MapJoyKey2.zip
    246 bytes · Views: 302
OP
D

DuFF_BeeR

question Detomine, ever since i plugged in a 2nd controller the AHK. you gave me isn't working. i don't suppose the computer dosen't recognize the joystick as the main joystick anymore, instead it sees the 2nd one i plugged in as the main? is there a way to adjust the script so that it sees the secondary joystick?

*********************************never mind, i figured it out********************************

Last edited: