What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

Glide64 not loading texture packs

Bombergangscrub

Now I am aware that this is a topic that has been covered but I can't seem to find any thread that helps with my problem

C:\Program Files (x86)\Project64 2.1\Plugin\Cache is the folder in which I placed the 2 files for the majora's mask HD texture pack by Djipi. I set all the correct settings and followed the tutorials to a T. But for some reason when I boot up the game it just doesn't load the texture pack at all, the 2 .dat files that is. Now I'm not sure if maybe I'm doing something wrong or if I have to unpack something. I'm no pro at this, any help would be appreciated.

Last edited:

Markeerouz

You don't need to unpack anything.
it worked well to me with these settings.
Or you put the files in the wrong folder, it's not
Project64 2.1\Plugin\Cache
it must be
Project64 2.1\Plugin\GFX\Cache

Attachments

• Settings.jpg
    Settings.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 6,263
Last edited:
OP
B

Bombergangscrub

You don't need to unpack anything.
it worked well to me with these settings.
Or you put the files in the wrong folder, it's not
Project64 2.1\Plugin\Cache
it must be
Project64 2.1\Plugin\GFX\Cache

I tried changing the folder and settings. Still no change, it's really odd the plugin works but it won't load the texturepack.

OP
B

Bombergangscrub

Are your folders named properly?

C:\Program Files (x86)\Project64 2.1\Plugin\GFX\cache\ZELDA MAJORA'S MASK_HIRESTEXTURES.dat
C:\Program Files (x86)\Project64 2.1\Plugin\GFX\cache\ZELDA MAJORA'S MASK_MEMORYCACHE.dat

I'm pretty sure this is correct. I looked at 3 different tutorials and they all say this.