What's new

DeSmuME Pokemon ROM Problems :(

HoeYea

Hi everyone, this is my first post on this forum so hello.
I use a macbook pro and I downloaded the DeSmuME v. 0.9.9 a few days ago. The first pokemon game I played on this emulator was Heartgold and it worked fine until Bellsprout tower, where the loading screens just kept freezing (apparently I wasn't alone on this one) so I decided to try play some of the older versions like Diamond and Platinum. The problem I have with these two is that everything is fine until after the starting screen (after I choose my gender, name, rival's name, etc.) and the red gyarados sighting newscast and the thing about what prof. rowan says. Basically, after the news report and rowan's quotes are over, the whole screen is just white patches of boxes and all the sprites and stuff aren't loaded. I can still move around and hear the music playing, but I'm just a white box surrounded by more white boxes. Is anyone else having this problem, and how can I fix it? I really want to play them :(

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-05-15 at 8.49.00 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2013-05-15 at 8.49.00 PM.png
    70.4 KB · Views: 933
  • Screen Shot 2013-05-15 at 8.49.38 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2013-05-15 at 8.49.38 PM.png
    61.5 KB · Views: 917
F

Fanatic 64

Basically, they make the games glitch up so that you have to purchase the actual cartridge (and console).

Yeah, not a very good anti-piracy measure, so if you want to play them you'll have to get another emulator (and install Windows, I recommend Windows XP Professional Service Pack 3). No$GBA would be a good idea.

F

Fanatic 64

DPP did not have such protections.
Yeah, did not.

[h=3]Why can't I play Pokemon Diamond / Pearl / HeartGold / SoulSilver / Black / White ? Why aren't they supported ?[/h] We are not going to support these games. Don't waste time asking, it will only make us angry. If you can't make it work, then give up and go buy the cart.