What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

official texture packs

eadmaster

Is there any ongoing project to rip these official textures for use with the Rice's Video Plugin:
- Super Mario 64 DS
- Diddy Kong Racing DS
- Star Fox 64 3D
- The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D
- Perfect Dark XBLA

Last edited:
F

Fanatic 64

Is there any ongoing project to rip these official textures for use with the Rice's Video Plugin:
- Super Mario 64 DS
- Diddy Kong Racing DS
- Star Fox 64 3D
- The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D
- Perfect Dark XBLA
As far as I know, no.

1st and 2nd should be possible with a bit of work. I don't think 3, 4 and 5 are possible as of now, since the hacking scene for those consoles is very limited.

OP
E

eadmaster

Come to think of it, I guess there are restrictions on distributing these since they are copyrighted materials, while other texture packs are "original works".

Btw a tool that rips the textures off the ROMs and renames into Rice's format should be possible...

death--droid

As cool as it would be to re-use some of the textures from Super Mario 64 DS back into the original, your going to run into two slight problems. The textures are likely at the same sort of resolution as the original textures (DS has the advantage in that its drawing to a much smaller screen, so higher res images aren't really needed) and also as you have just said, copyright issues.

And noooooo it wouldn't exactly be possible to rip and rename the textures straight into Rice format, you'd have to do it by hand (someone is likely to prove me wrong on this but still..) since the Rice naming is based off the address of the image in the rom so on and so forth. Simply put the same information we use to generate the name for the Rice Format is not available in the DS rom

EDIT:
I felt like i've rambled on here without making any real sense