What's new

Demul Android

lpratas

I know that there is a thread that ask about this, but already that the nulldc developers don't make any update of their emulator to android, then i ask you again, when you try to make a version for android. Now already exists capable phones with capable gpus for the video emulation of Demul.

iWind

Demul core coder
I know that there is a thread that ask about this, but already that the nulldc developers don't make any update of their emulator to android, then i ask you again, when you try to make a version for android. Now already exists capable phones with capable gpus for the video emulation of Demul.

Me have alpha build cave3rd for android. cave3rd have 166 mhz speed cpu without fpu block (Dc 200 mhz with fpu). Emulation slow ~ 45 fps with 1ghz arm cpu.
We are thinking about trying to further development, but we will not make any promises.

lacp

"Capable GPUs" hahah :D
Yes, capable gpus, like Adreno 320 in Optimus G, HTC One, Xperia Z, Galaxy S4 or S4 I9500 with PowerVr SGX 544MP3 or the phones that will be released with Adreno 330, Tegra 4 or with the Exynos 5420 gpu.

Tomjerry

Yes, capable gpus, like Adreno 320 in Optimus G, HTC One, Xperia Z, Galaxy S4 or S4 I9500 with PowerVr SGX 544MP3 or the phones that will be released with Adreno 330, Tegra 4 or with the Exynos 5420 gpu.

are you selling these stuffs? if yes then what are the price ranges of these phones i need to buy some of them..

lacp

Me have alpha build cave3rd for android. cave3rd have 166 mhz speed cpu without fpu block (Dc 200 mhz with fpu). Emulation slow ~ 45 fps with 1ghz arm cpu.
We are thinking about trying to further development, but we will not make any promises.
Adreno 320 it's powerful enough and has the graphics specifications and apis for one good emulation in Demul?

Last edited:

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
The API (OpenGL ES 3.0) is capable. The problem is the video drivers. Android has very bad video drivers.

lacp

i dont got my answer are really anxious to sell this stuff, and if yes then whats the price of it here
In the US the Galaxy S4 i9505 costs some $500.00. The HTC One, the same, more or less, these two phones unlocked. The Google editions of these two phones cost about $600.00. The cheapest it's the Google Nexus 4, about $300.00. But you are kidding or is serious?

FOXHOUND

Hy man,

i know it's been 5 years, so sorry for digging this up, but that Cave emulator for android seems like an amazing emu. Why did you decide to keep it private all this time?

FOXHOUND

no one was interested

Hey, thanks for answering.

While emulator audience is a niche audience, no doubt, I honestly think a lot of gamers would welcome such an amazing and one of a kind emulator, especially on a platform that can not play those games. There isn't a day for me without a couple of hours of Dodonpachi, Espgaluda or some other Cave title on my android phone, through Retroarch emu :inlove:

While they are demanding games, I imagine a relatively new smartphone would play your emulator with full speed easily. Hell, i'd buy myself a new smartphone (i'm using an ageing Galaxy Note 3) just for that if i have to :agree:

MetalliC

Demul developer
While emulator audience is a niche audience, no doubt, I honestly think a lot of gamers would welcome such an amazing and one of a kind emulator, especially on a platform that can not play those games. There isn't a day for me without a couple of hours of Dodonpachi, Espgaluda or some other Cave title on my android phone, through Retroarch emu :inlove:
hmm?
there is Dodonpachi Resurrection and Espgaluda II Android ports, they are (or at least was) available at G-Gee Market.

release of this emulator will be about equal to steal money from Cave.

Last edited:

FOXHOUND

hmm?
there is Dodonpachi Resurrection and Espgaluda II Android ports, they are (or at least was) available at G-Gee Market.

release of this emulator will be about equal to steal money from Cave.

Well, those android ports are long gone (since ~ 2013 if i'm not mistaken). Nobody can buy these games anymore.

Who knows, maybe sometime in the future you will reconsider :cheers:

lacp

Now that we are in 2018, there is any reason for not have any emulator of Dreamcast and of the Dreamcast arcade based machines like Naomi, Naomi 2, Atomiswave, Hikaru, Aurora, Gaelco? Seem to me that is not the case. Snapdragon 845 with the One Plus 6 and Xiaomi Mi8 and Pocophone F1 with its hardware and with its optimizations of software are enough and more than capable for those emulations at full speed. But there are others capable chipsets like Exynos 9810, Kirin 980 and the futures Exynos 9820 and Snapdragon 855. But Snapdragon 845 is more than enough for that emulation at full speed.

Last edited:

MetalliC

Demul developer
But Snapdragon 845 is more than enough for that emulation at full speed.
are you sure in this ? for proper Dreamcast/Naomi GPU emulation required GPU at least about equal in power to Radeon HD5850 or GeForce 450. are you really sure SDM845's shaders is that fast ?

in general, it is 99.9% question of - is there any interested developers ? and here is none.

lacp

are you sure in this ? for proper Dreamcast/Naomi GPU emulation required GPU at least about equal in power to Radeon HD5850 or GeForce 450. are you really sure SDM845's shaders is that fast ?

in general, it is 99.9% question of - is there any interested developers ? and here is none.

In the begining of this emulator even a Radeon HD 3870 it was enough, i had a Radeon HD 4870 of 1GB and was enough during some years, since 2009 until 2014. After, it began to be demanded a gpu with Directx 11 hardware api. I know that with these cards the emulation it wasn't flawless and perfect, because, for that unless a Directx 11 compatible card for better emulation is required and for perfection a Directx 12 card. And there is, the graphic card which you talked the HD 5850. I think it is not required a graphic card with such power, a graphic card, or a gpu with about 600 gflops is enough since it has the Directx 11 hardware api. There is no interested developers but Android is a platform which is always evolving and in future people will start to leave the pc's and use only the android smartphones and tablets. Android is the future of the computing software. In the future you only will see Android or iOS smartphones , tablets and possibly desktop. And the Adreno 630 has power enough and has the Vulkan 1.1 actualization which is enough for that, i don't know if this gpu will get a Vulkan 2.0 update but with 727 gflops i think it has power enough. Beyond that also has the OpenGL ES 3.2 api and is Direct 3d 12 compatible. I think the Adreno 630 shaders are fast enough. But why are you telling that they aren't? You know well the technology of the Adreno 630 shaders?

Last edited:

MetalliC

Demul developer
In the begining of this emulator even a Radeon HD 3870 it was enough, i had a Radeon HD 4870 of 1GB and was enough during some years, since 2009 until 2014. After, it began to be demanded a gpu with Directx 11 hardware api. I know that with these cards the emulation it wasn't flawless and perfect, because, for that unless a Directx 11 compatible card for better emulation is required and for perfection a Directx 12 card. And there is, the graphic card which you talked the HD 5850. I think it is not required a graphic card with such power, a graphic card, or a gpu with about 600 gflops is enough since it has the Directx 11 hardware api.
key word was PROPER emulation, it require OpenGL 4.3 or Direct3D 11 capable GPU, fast enough. at practice it is require 5850 at least, or better HD6xxx series because 5xxxx is first D3D11 card and its slow in some parts.

There is no interested developers but Android is a platform which is always evolving and in future people will start to leave the pc's and use only the android smartphones and tablets. Android is the future of the computing software. In the future you only will see Android or iOS smartphones , tablets and possibly desktop.
are you sure ? I've heard Google is going to drop further Android development. so it have all chances to become another abandoned technology, which will be forgotten after several years, like was Symbian for example.

And the Adreno 630 has power enough and has the Vulkan 1.1 actualization which is enough for that, i don't know if this gpu will get a Vulkan 2.0 update but with 727 gflops i think it has power enough. Beyond that also has the OpenGL ES 3.2 api and is Direct 3d 12 compatible. I think the Adreno 630 shaders are fast enough. But why are you telling that they aren't? You know well the technology of the Adreno 630 shaders?
you are talking about features, but I was asking about power, especially when using specific features - ARB_shader_storage_buffer.
I have doubts about GL ES devices performance in it.

lacp

key word was PROPER emulation, it require OpenGL 4.3 or Direct3D 11 capable GPU, fast enough. at practice it is require 5850 at least, or better HD6xxx series because 5xxxx is first D3D11 card and its slow in some parts.

are you sure ? I've heard Google is going to drop further Android development. so it have all chances to become another abandoned technology, which will be forgotten after several years, like was Symbian for example.

you are talking about features, but I was asking about power, especially when using specific features - ARB_shader_storage_buffer.

I know, Fuchsia isn't it? i think Android will continue its development and last for many years, is what is said in the tech sites. If is not GL ES is Vulkan, ok?

- - - Updated - - -

What is the Dreamcast and its arcade based machines have of so special for not be full emulated by the Adreno 630 gpu? The Adreno 630 has not ARB_shade_storage_buffer?

Last edited: