Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 21

Thread: Demul Android

  1. #11
    EmuTalk Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    17
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by iWind View Post
    Me have alpha build cave3rd for android. cave3rd have 166 mhz speed cpu without fpu block (Dc 200 mhz with fpu). Emulation slow ~ 45 fps with 1ghz arm cpu.
    We are thinking about trying to further development, but we will not make any promises.
    Hy man,

    i know it's been 5 years, so sorry for digging this up, but that Cave emulator for android seems like an amazing emu. Why did you decide to keep it private all this time?

  2. #12
    Demul core coder
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    44
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    no one was interested

  3. #13
    EmuTalk Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    17
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by iWind View Post
    no one was interested
    Hey, thanks for answering.

    While emulator audience is a niche audience, no doubt, I honestly think a lot of gamers would welcome such an amazing and one of a kind emulator, especially on a platform that can not play those games. There isn't a day for me without a couple of hours of Dodonpachi, Espgaluda or some other Cave title on my android phone, through Retroarch emu

    While they are demanding games, I imagine a relatively new smartphone would play your emulator with full speed easily. Hell, i'd buy myself a new smartphone (i'm using an ageing Galaxy Note 3) just for that if i have to

  4. #14
    Demul developer
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    248
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FOXHOUND View Post
    While emulator audience is a niche audience, no doubt, I honestly think a lot of gamers would welcome such an amazing and one of a kind emulator, especially on a platform that can not play those games. There isn't a day for me without a couple of hours of Dodonpachi, Espgaluda or some other Cave title on my android phone, through Retroarch emu
    hmm?
    there is Dodonpachi Resurrection and Espgaluda II Android ports, they are (or at least was) available at G-Gee Market.

    release of this emulator will be about equal to steal money from Cave.

    Last edited by MetalliC; July 10th, 2018 at 22:43.

  5. #15
    EmuTalk Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    17
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MetalliC View Post
    hmm?
    there is Dodonpachi Resurrection and Espgaluda II Android ports, they are (or at least was) available at G-Gee Market.

    release of this emulator will be about equal to steal money from Cave.
    Well, those android ports are long gone (since ~ 2013 if i'm not mistaken). Nobody can buy these games anymore.

    Who knows, maybe sometime in the future you will reconsider

  6. #16
    EmuTalk Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    14
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Now that we are in 2018, there is any reason for not have any emulator of Dreamcast and of the Dreamcast arcade based machines like Naomi, Naomi 2, Atomiswave, Hikaru, Aurora, Gaelco? Seem to me that is not the case. Snapdragon 845 with the One Plus 6 and Xiaomi Mi8 and Pocophone F1 with its hardware and with its optimizations of software are enough and more than capable for those emulations at full speed. But there are others capable chipsets like Exynos 9810, Kirin 980 and the futures Exynos 9820 and Snapdragon 855. But Snapdragon 845 is more than enough for that emulation at full speed.
    Last edited by lacp; September 26th, 2018 at 17:51.

  7. #17
    Demul developer
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    248
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lacp View Post
    But Snapdragon 845 is more than enough for that emulation at full speed.
    are you sure in this ? for proper Dreamcast/Naomi GPU emulation required GPU at least about equal in power to Radeon HD5850 or GeForce 450. are you really sure SDM845's shaders is that fast ?

    in general, it is 99.9% question of - is there any interested developers ? and here is none.

  8. #18
    EmuTalk Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    14
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MetalliC View Post
    are you sure in this ? for proper Dreamcast/Naomi GPU emulation required GPU at least about equal in power to Radeon HD5850 or GeForce 450. are you really sure SDM845's shaders is that fast ?

    in general, it is 99.9% question of - is there any interested developers ? and here is none.
    In the begining of this emulator even a Radeon HD 3870 it was enough, i had a Radeon HD 4870 of 1GB and was enough during some years, since 2009 until 2014. After, it began to be demanded a gpu with Directx 11 hardware api. I know that with these cards the emulation it wasn't flawless and perfect, because, for that unless a Directx 11 compatible card for better emulation is required and for perfection a Directx 12 card. And there is, the graphic card which you talked the HD 5850. I think it is not required a graphic card with such power, a graphic card, or a gpu with about 600 gflops is enough since it has the Directx 11 hardware api. There is no interested developers but Android is a platform which is always evolving and in future people will start to leave the pc's and use only the android smartphones and tablets. Android is the future of the computing software. In the future you only will see Android or iOS smartphones , tablets and possibly desktop. And the Adreno 630 has power enough and has the Vulkan 1.1 actualization which is enough for that, i don't know if this gpu will get a Vulkan 2.0 update but with 727 gflops i think it has power enough. Beyond that also has the OpenGL ES 3.2 api and is Direct 3d 12 compatible. I think the Adreno 630 shaders are fast enough. But why are you telling that they aren't? You know well the technology of the Adreno 630 shaders?
    Last edited by lacp; September 27th, 2018 at 06:36.

  9. #19
    Demul developer
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    248
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lacp View Post
    In the begining of this emulator even a Radeon HD 3870 it was enough, i had a Radeon HD 4870 of 1GB and was enough during some years, since 2009 until 2014. After, it began to be demanded a gpu with Directx 11 hardware api. I know that with these cards the emulation it wasn't flawless and perfect, because, for that unless a Directx 11 compatible card for better emulation is required and for perfection a Directx 12 card. And there is, the graphic card which you talked the HD 5850. I think it is not required a graphic card with such power, a graphic card, or a gpu with about 600 gflops is enough since it has the Directx 11 hardware api.
    key word was PROPER emulation, it require OpenGL 4.3 or Direct3D 11 capable GPU, fast enough. at practice it is require 5850 at least, or better HD6xxx series because 5xxxx is first D3D11 card and its slow in some parts.

    Quote Originally Posted by lacp View Post
    There is no interested developers but Android is a platform which is always evolving and in future people will start to leave the pc's and use only the android smartphones and tablets. Android is the future of the computing software. In the future you only will see Android or iOS smartphones , tablets and possibly desktop.
    are you sure ? I've heard Google is going to drop further Android development. so it have all chances to become another abandoned technology, which will be forgotten after several years, like was Symbian for example.

    Quote Originally Posted by lacp View Post
    And the Adreno 630 has power enough and has the Vulkan 1.1 actualization which is enough for that, i don't know if this gpu will get a Vulkan 2.0 update but with 727 gflops i think it has power enough. Beyond that also has the OpenGL ES 3.2 api and is Direct 3d 12 compatible. I think the Adreno 630 shaders are fast enough. But why are you telling that they aren't? You know well the technology of the Adreno 630 shaders?
    you are talking about features, but I was asking about power, especially when using specific features - ARB_shader_storage_buffer.
    I have doubts about GL ES devices performance in it.

  10. #20
    EmuTalk Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    14
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MetalliC View Post
    key word was PROPER emulation, it require OpenGL 4.3 or Direct3D 11 capable GPU, fast enough. at practice it is require 5850 at least, or better HD6xxx series because 5xxxx is first D3D11 card and its slow in some parts.


    are you sure ? I've heard Google is going to drop further Android development. so it have all chances to become another abandoned technology, which will be forgotten after several years, like was Symbian for example.


    you are talking about features, but I was asking about power, especially when using specific features - ARB_shader_storage_buffer.
    I have doubts about GL ES devices performance in it.
    I know, Fuchsia isn't it? i think Android will continue its development and last for many years, is what is said in the tech sites. If is not GL ES is Vulkan, ok?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by MetalliC View Post

    you are talking about features, but I was asking about power, especially when using specific features - ARB_shader_storage_buffer.
    I have doubts about GL ES devices performance in it.
    What is the Dreamcast and its arcade based machines have of so special for not be full emulated by the Adreno 630 gpu? The Adreno 630 has not ARB_shade_storage_buffer?
    Last edited by lacp; September 27th, 2018 at 15:27.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •