What's new

Project64 2.1

zilmar

Emulator Developer
Released 2.1, it now has glide64 in the installer.

Project64.exe:
  • Make sure current dir is base folder (not screnshot)
  • Initialize eeprom to 0xFF instead of 0x00
  • Add LL and SC to Analyze Instruction
  • ignore 0x0407000D as an opcode in analysis
  • Make it easier for plugins to read directories from the emu
  • fix per game rsp plugin
  • updated rdb file

Glide64:
  • Added version to the installer
  • Get Settings to go through the emulator
  • Get Glide64, GlideHQ, Glitch64 to be a single dll
  • Read texture directory from emulator
  • Fix up getting functions from texture lib

Input Plugin:
  • Update to 1.7.0.12 provided by squall

MuffinSlayer

Nice job Zilmar releasing 2.1 :). I've been away from Project64 for awhile and it's good seeing Project64 still alive. However, compared to 1.7 (I donated back when it was 1.7 beta), it seems that Project64 2.xx performs a little slower (about 3-5 fps less than 1.7.0.50 version). I can go into greater detail, but I'm not sure whether you'd prefer me to elaborate here and/or on the Project64 forum.

One important detail that I see missing is the Glide64 plugin's advanced emulation tab (it's present in the Glide64.Final release). Out of several options missing, the aspect ratio is missed the most since when emulating, the window doesn't stretch to a 16.9 ratio and thus there are black bars on both sides of the game's window.

Black Zero

Wow first 2.0 gets released on April 1st, and now 2.1 gets released on 1st of May (where I live)
If releases are coming this fast, one would have to change versions every month.

This is definitely a step in the right direction for Project64.

Nice work!

Zera

Edit: It seems I have to keep changing Glide's settings every time I load a new rom (such as fullscreen resolution), this is bad. Also, on some games there's a clock being displayed in fullscreen (it's weird that Glide's clock is turned on by default in some games), and most of them are running below 60 VI/s at default settings, at least here.

Edit2: Mace: The Dark Age is not booting, it's giving me an SP DMA error message. It's booting normally on 2.0.

Edit3: It seems it's not just Glide, I have to keep changing Jabo's settings every time I load a Rom too.

Last edited:

squall_leonhart

The Great Gunblade Wielder
Zera complaining about PEBKAC issues. :D

One important detail that I see missing is the Glide64 plugin's advanced emulation tab (it's present in the Glide64.Final release). Out of several options missing, the aspect ratio is missed the most since when emulating, the window doesn't stretch to a 16.9 ratio and thus there are black bars on both sides of the game's window.

PJ64 needs show advanced settings enabled, that or you aren't using the correct PJ64 executable.

Zera

PJ64 needs show advanced settings enabled, that or you aren't using the correct PJ64 executable.
I know that, actually. You still need to change it per-room. And I'm not complaining, I'm reporting issues.

Edit: All right, it seems all of the games will display fine with Glide when I run after opening the emulator, it's just when ending emulation and attempting to switch roms is that the games will display nothing but a black screen (but the ROM is still running, as I can hear sounds.) Jabo doesn't have this issue.

Last edited:

Toasty

Sony battery
And just like that, PJ64 releases have become 96 times more frequent than they were before. Awesome guys! :D

MuffinSlayer

Well, going to settings and showing advanced settings fixed Glide64. I can now see all the settings that there should be. :)

Unfortunately, it still seems that while with 1.7.0.12, I got a consistent 30 fps and 60 VI/s, in 2.1, I experience 25-28 FPS and 57-61 VI/s (fluctuations). >_<

zoinkity

[Solved]
Error solved. Run game in interpretter mode. This should also avoid errors with the substitute doll.

[original message]
Multiple errors in Pocket Monsters Stadium. Entering any non-combat menu that loads more than one 3D Pokémon model locks the game.
ie. looking at two different pkmn in the pokédex, looking at two different pkmn in the organize menu, not pressing A/Start before the title sequence loads Articuno, etc.

This did not occur in PJ64 1.6 (or other emulators or console), is not graphics plugin specific, is completely repeatable, and is not dependent on GB cart presence, etc. No errors are displayed, just goes into a permanent loop.

[edit]
Silly question, but why aren't the PI domain 2 registers supported?

Last edited: