What's new

Audio v0.60 Feedback

Azimer

Emulator Developer
I decided it was time to start working on audio emulation again. Here is the latest and it should give you a preview of things I hope to accomplish. Please leave feedback in this thread.

+ New Audio Code
+ New Config Dialog (it doesn't save yet)
- No new HLE work

Enjoy!

Azimer HLE Audio v0.60 WIP 2

OP
Azimer

Azimer

Emulator Developer
Works in Project64 v2.0. Disable Sync Audio and Audio Timing in the emulator's settings. Your results may vary by game.

* Noticed a bug in PJ64 2.0 where VI/s is set to 61 with frame rate limiter after you close a rom. It will only be 60 on the first run. This causes the audio plugin to crackle a bit since it's running just a little too fast.

Last edited:

Zera

Well, that's a surprise. I never expected to see your plugin getting an update again. I really like all this activity Pj64 emulation is seeing recently.

Anyways, I'll give it a try as soon as I can.

dazey238

Fantastic to see this being worked on again! Hopefully you'll get some good feedback on this release.

Alas, my free time is next to nothing these days but I will try and have a play with it at the weekend.

Black Zero

Works like a charm here on both Project64 1.6 and 2.0.

Tested games:

Doom 64,
GoldenEye 64,
Legend of Zelda, The - Ocarina of Time,
Legend of Zelda, The - Majora's Mask,
Mario Kart 64,
Paper Mario,
Perfect Dark,
Star Wars - Shadows of the Empire,
Super Mario 64,
Super Smash Bros.,
Yoshi's Story

All verified good dumps by myself.

I have been using Jabo's DirectSound plugins since I started using Project64 back in the 1.4 days.
I have thought of using your old v0.56 WIP 2 plugin for quite a few years but never bothered since I was OK with occasional crackling and pops in sound but this new release couldn't have come in a better time and it works great. Sound is mint!

Along with latest Glide64 Final, N-Rage plugins the N64 experience have never been better.

As for settings not being savable, it's not a big deal really.

EDIT:

By "Tested games", I mean playing them for 5 minutes each using my completed saves.
Just wanted to be clear on that.

Last edited:

NES_player4LIFE

Texture Pack Invader
Wow, great update.

~
Games tested so far and working fine more to come hopefully.
~
1.Starfox64 1.0 (U)
2.Mario Golf (U)
3.Destruction_Derby_64(U): good menu and in-game but glitches at game-over. (61 VI's)
4.Doctor Mario 64 (U): Sound pops a little.
5.Mario Party (U): Sound pops a little.

Last edited:
OP
Azimer

Azimer

Emulator Developer
woa an update :)

hmm bad result on 1964 :(

waiting for King of the Hill fix and Musyx HLE :)

Noted.. I want to see those things too olivier ;-) Sorry about 1964. I did no testing with that emulator. The emulator was designed around a source modified Project64 1.6. So it implicitly works well with Project64.

OP
Azimer

Azimer

Emulator Developer
Wow, great update.

~
Games tested so far more to come hopefully.
~
1.Starfox64 1.0 on PJ64 2.0 is better but still snaps and pops at intro.

I am not getting this. Will you please describe the settings you are using with PJ64 2.0? I turned off Sync Audio and fixed audio timing. Does the game stay locked at 60 VI/s? Are you using HLE or PJ64's RSP for audio?

NES_player4LIFE

Texture Pack Invader
Jabo 1.7.057 ver 5
windowed res 1380x768
triple buffer vsync
Advanced settings off

VI/s jump between 59 and 68, all plugin audio v0.60 settings were left at default. RSP 1.7.0.9 used, High level audio disabled.

The test was done before I rushed off to work and I may have missed the disclaimer that states "Designed for use with PJ64 1.6.1"

OP
Azimer

Azimer

Emulator Developer
Disable%20Audio%20Timing%20and%20Sync.jpg

Make sure you disable fixed audio timing and audio sync. This will make it PJ 1.6 compatible effectively. It should lock at 60 VI/s for NTSC.

Black Zero

Been testing my games a little more and a little longer last night (mostly in Project64 1.6) and I haven't found anything wrong with your plugin at all (except for the settings not being saved part, but I really don't have to change anything with Project64 1.6)
Amazing job, thanks a million!

I'm awaiting future releases with utmost enthusiasm.

Salvy

Woot didn't expect to see Azimer back! Glad to see the N64 emulation is sparking again!
I tried a couple of games, and all good :)

PS: Any plans to open source? Also while HLE code hasn't been touched in a while, any plan to work on it? ex MusyX support ; )

squall_leonhart

The Great Gunblade Wielder
PS: Any plans to open source? Also while HLE code hasn't been touched in a while, any plan to work on it? ex MusyX support ; )

so pokefan can steal it, rebrand it and lie about fixes for the next 3 years, while declining users of their right to the source code?

OP
Azimer

Azimer

Emulator Developer
Also while HLE code hasn't been touched in a while, any plan to work on it? ex MusyX support ; )

I do want to finish reversing MusyX, fix the bugs in the HLE and optimize. Once I am done making changes to my plugin, I will release source code.

the_randomizer

so pokefan can steal it, rebrand it and lie about fixes for the next 3 years, while declining users of their right to the source code?

Of course, you know he's just lurking, waiting in a dark alley for the very moment that the source code is released, then he will alter the code only to have it for himself. What a tool. I hope his ISP cuts off service in his area. He sure knows how to troll.

I do want to finish reversing MusyX, fix the bugs in the HLE and optimize. Once I am done making changes to my plugin, I will release source code.

That would be pretty awesome (and yeah, this is nintendo1889 from the PJ64 forums :D ) Glad you decided to come back to the emulation scene! I'll be sure to try what you suggested in the settings.

Last edited: