What's new

Have you ever been unfairly infracted/banned from a forum?

F

Fanatic 64

Just an hour ago I got my account in another forum banned for 3 days due to spamming. What's nonsense, trough, is that it was because of the following post:
Fanatic 64 said:
Yeah, I agree that can be a pain in the *** :crazy:

I think they should actually add a capability in Snes9x to load ZSNES savestates, to later save them as Snes9x savestates.

I'll leave you to guess the context of that post.

So, what I ask you is: do you think you have ever been unfairly punished/kicked from a forum or website?

Share your experiences :cry:

OP
F

Fanatic 64

zsnes forums?

they are mini hitlers over there.
BUSTED

But yeah, I can also list other forums with an ass staff, but this is specifically about unfair punishments. Let's see if someone has some other stories!

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

So my ban was undo early. Apparently a member from the staff determined that my ban was unjustified, so it was instantly voided and my post readed. I don't know what happened with the mod who banned me...

Last edited:

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
No, I haven't. Except Mozilla Support forum, but that's because of some board software snafu.

NES_player4LIFE

Texture Pack Invader
WOW! :p
No idea, it was probably a wide net ip ban and or SS StarScream has some pull over there and banned me after I gave him a hard time over the PJ64 1.7 source code. (a few months back when everyone and there mother was requesting it)

Cyberman

I've only sucessfully been banned by association.

Seriously ... I couldn't figure out who they associated me with but hey ... it's not like I frequented those forums often. (In fact I haven't even looked in 2 years).

I can see the conversation now "who is this Cyb guy? Donno. K I am a new mod let me see if I can ban him. 'cool' ... umm dinner time dudes."

It has to be something like that, of course I've been accused of causing the downfall of the internet (I couldn't figure out how that worked but ... I suspect they may have been drunk when typing that stuff in).

honestly my guess is someone was having 'a bad day' and you may have been the mole that had it's head stuck up, and they had a hammer at the time. Sometimes you are the bug and sometimes you are the windshield is all I can say. Very few people do things out of sheer maliciousness or intent to be "out to get someone". The ones that are well give them a wide berth I guess. :D

Cyb

You gotta laugh, everyone else is!

Last edited:

NES_player4LIFE

Texture Pack Invader
honestly my guess is someone was having 'a bad day' and you may have been the mole that had it's head stuck up, and they had a hammer at the time. Sometimes you are the bug and sometimes you are the windshield is all I can say. Very few people do things out of sheer maliciousness or intent to be "out to get someone". The ones that are well give them a wide berth I guess.

"With great power comes great responsibility." -Spiderman