What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

Project64 with Glide64 issues

Loftoman

I recently decided to delve into the whole high-res textures thing, so I'm very much a n00b with this. I'm running the latest version of Project64 (2.0) and the final version of Glide64. I've managed to get some of the textures to load, but only for games where the textures are condensed into one or two DAT files (Zelda 64 is the one that works because it's 2 DAT files that I've put in the cache folder). The ones that don't work, are the textures that are basically dozens of PNG files located within subfolders labeled after areas of the game (Big Boo's Haunt, etc.). It appears as if it's reading the textures from these folders when loading the game, but nothing happens- the game loads without the high resolution textures, but gives me no error message.

my DAT files are located here: \Plugin\GFX\cache
my PNG textures are located here: \Plugin\GFX\highres_textures\[GAME NAME]

I've double checked to make sure that [GAME NAME] is named exactly what the actual rom is named, but to no avail. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

squall_leonhart

The Great Gunblade Wielder
patch the pj64 exe with large address aware, or the NT 4g patcher.
and run pj64 with compatibility set to windows 7 or windows vista, the glidehq has a buggy manifest or something that breaks it un 32bit front ends.

F

Fanatic 64

[GAME NAME] should be the internal name, not the GoodName/Filename (for example Super Mario 64 should be \Plugin\GFX\hires_texture\SUPER MARIO 64, not \Super Mario 64 (U) or \Super Mario 64.z64, etc)

You can see the internal name in Project64 in File/ROM Info. Also, most texture packs already come in a folder with the internal name, so if you got a SM64 texture pack and it comes in a folder named "SUPER MARIO 64", paste that in hires_texture.

OP
L

Loftoman

I doubled checked to make sure everything is named and placed properly.... I tried patching pj64.exe with large address aware, and then with the NT 4g patcher. Neither of them worked. :-/

Is there a way to convert the texture packs to DAT format?

Last edited:
F

Fanatic 64

I doubled checked to make sure everything is named and placed properly.... I tried patching pj64.exe with large address aware, and then with the NT 4g patcher. Neither of them worked. :-/
Where did you got Project64 from?

OP
L

Loftoman

I downloaded it directly from the developer's site... it's the newest version (2.0) released 3 days ago.

OP
L

Loftoman

Neither patch solved the problem.... it continued to run with the same results. It would just simply run the game without the high resolution textures.

OP
L

Loftoman

I re-installed Project64 and the Glide64 plugin, and was delighted to find that it worked! Maybe I did name something improperly, but whatever the case- I'm elated. Thanks again for all your help guys!