Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    zilmar, what I've been thinking is, could you possibly make a full list of all RDB settings and their possible configurations? That would help me understand better what everything does (specially those weird options that don't appear on the GUI and are not documented anywhere).

Also, would people still like to see an updated 1.6 RDB (which is already done)? Or should I start working on a 2.0 one right away?

Emulator Developer
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fanatic 64 View Post
    would people still like to see an updated 1.6 RDB (which is already done)? Or should I start working on a 2.0 one right away?
    You can just release it if it is done, no need to bin it.

I am happy to integrate other peoples fixes in to the main rdb file (2.0) so that we have lots of rdb files floating around, tho on the other hand not sure I will release the new rdb with all the changes till 2.1 gets released.

zilmar, what I've been thinking is, could you possibly make a full list of all RDB settings and their possible configurations? That would help me understand better what everything does (specially those weird options that don't appear on the GUI and are not documented anywhere).
    Yes I am weak on documentation, smiff was great for that.

What settings in particular would you like to know about?

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zilmar View Post
    You can just release it if it is done, no need to bin it.

I am happy to integrate other peoples fixes in to the main rdb file (2.0) so that we have lots of rdb files floating around, tho on the other hand not sure I will release the new rdb with all the changes till 2.1 gets released.

Yes I am weak on documentation, smiff was great for that.

What settings in particular would you like to know about?
    Well, I know about all main settings such as CPU Type, RDRAM Size, Self-Modifying Code Method, Advanced Block Linking, TLB, Register Cache, Large Compiler Buffer, etc.

What I would like to know about are those values which don't have any descriptions anywhere, some I can think of are:

FuncFind
    CustomSMM
    SMM-TLB
    Self Texture
    Emulate Clear
    Clear Frame
    CrearvFrame

...And things like that.

And yeah I'll release my RDB file right away, it contains a lot of fixes I've gathered from many RDBs, it would be a good source for the 2.0 one.

Oh and one last question, is it possible to set the VI Refresh Rate and AI Count Per Byte trough the RDB? Or would that need to be set on the CFG?

Emulator Developer
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    the settings from the ui are written to the config file.

The config is general just an override of what is in the rdb, so once you get the game settings correct using the config window, most of the time you can just cut and paste the settings from the config to rdb.

The only thing is that say 32bit (any Boolean setting) in config is set to 0 and 1, in the rdb it is Yes or No

save the rdb, run the emu, reset your settings, you should see the values that you expect there because it will be reading them off the rdb if you do not see what you expect then it needs tweaking in the rdb

Emulator Developer
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Self-Modifying Code Method,Large Compiler Buffer, etc.?
    Some like these do not exist in 2.0

FuncFind
    CustomSMM
    SMM-TLB
    these are basically a replacement for Self-Modifying Code Method

Self Texture
    Emulate Clear
    Clear Frame
    CrearvFrame
    These settings are related to jabo's gfx plugin, I do not really play with them.

Oh and one last question, is it possible to set the VI Refresh Rate and AI Count Per Byte trough the RDB? Or would that need to be set on the CFG?
    The config is meant for the individual user, that is not shared .. all base settings go in to the rdb.

example:
    Code:
    [4252A5AD-AE6FBF4E-C:45]
    Good Name=Goemon's Great Adventure (U)
    Internal Name=GOEMONS GREAT ADV
    Status=Compatible
    Plugin Note=[video] errors:various in some levels
    AiCountPerBytes=50
    as you can see that has AiCountPerBytes.

I am also no longer storing default values in the rdb, just where a setting needs to be changed

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zilmar View Post
    Some like these do not exist in 2.0

these are basically a replacement for Self-Modifying Code Method
    Seriously? I found them on one of the RDBs I used. I trough they did something. I'll remove them from the 1.6 RDB.

Also, do you have some explanation on how to use them?

Emulator Developer
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Look at game that needs different setting then the default rdb, get it working with the UI for changing settings, then I will show you how to move your cfg settings in to the rdb

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I know how to copy settings from the CGF to the RDB, I'm not a n00b. What I want to know is what those settings actually do, just as how the SMCM changes the way Self-Modifying Code is handled, thus either gaining speed or removing crashes.

Emulator Developer
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I know how to copy settings from the CGF to the RDB, I'm not a n00b.
    Was not meaning to apply you were! There can be some quirks at times .. tho most of the time just a cut and paste will work

What I want to know is what those settings actually do, just as how the SMCM changes the way Self-Modifying Code is handled, thus either gaining speed or removing crashes.
    the old self mods (in 1.6) where combinations of these

Cache - Clear the address of code on a cache write
    PI DMA - Clear the code if it is replace via a dma from the rom
    Start Changed - When executing a block check if the first 4 instructions are the same, clear if different.
    TLB Unmapped - if the virtual address is unmapped from rdram then flush those blocks
    Protect Memory - Change the 4k block where any code is written to read only, writing to that block will generate an execption, the emu picks that exception up, flushes the code if any write to the block

there was another option in 1.6 that is mostly still in the code, where it will change the actually memory to have pointers to the block, so if the first instruction is changed it will pick it up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Project64 2.2.0.3 FTW! With counter factor 1, Goldeneye is like the real Nintendo 64!

Snowboard Kids 2 requires the fixed audio timing option. (the BGM will skip otherwise)
    "Sorry about that, old chap." -Conker

Asus P6T Deluxe|Core i7 "Bloomfield" 965|6 GB Elpida DDR 3|PNY CS2211 240 GB SSD|PNY GeForce GTX 960|SoundBlaster ZXR|Windows 7 SP1

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345