What's new

How to Adjust Stick Sensitivity?

seelenlos

I am trying to change the sensitivity of the arrow keys, but I can't figure it out. I've been messing with the config file, in particular the AnalogDeadzone and AnalogPeak values, but no matter what I did with them (even set them all to 0 to see if it changed anything) absolutely nothing changed... I am trying to turn down the sensitivity so pushing the arrow keys isn't like pushing the stick as far in the direction as it can, but only part-way (so in-game the character would move slower, crosshairs would be more precise, etc.). Very little computer knowledge here, I'm not sure this can even be done.

For anyone who's wondering, I'm doing this all so I can beat Ocarina of Time. As it is now, since even the slightest press of the arrow keys is like ramming the stick all the way over, aiming the hookshot is just impossible. There is one spot in the Water Temple where you need to hit a hookshot target with the longshot a long way away, and it is impossible with the high sensitivity, because even just tapping the key jumps the sight completely over the target. My only access to video games is from emulators, never played before and I REALLY want to beat this. Please take pity on the video-game-deprived newibie...

In case it matters, I'm using a Compaq Presario CQ57 with Fedora 18, running Mupen64Plus through the terminal, no GUI.

Thanks for the help

paulscode

I believe Right Ctrl and Right Shift in combination with the arrow keys can be used to reduce the sensitivity. If you need finer control than that though, you'll have to modify the source and recompile. The place you'd want to look for that is in mupen64plus-input-sdl/src/plugin.c, in the doSdlKeys function.