What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.
  • As members seem to have a problem reading the release threads:

Djipi's packs are built for the (Glide64 finale) Plugin. Nolonger supported!
    Djipi's packs are built for the (GlideN64) Plugin.
    These two Plugins are two completely different pieces of code.

GlideN64.HTC archived packs locked by Djipi are not compatible with use on Glide64, Rice video, nor Jabo video.

Glide64.DAT archived packs locked by Djipi are not compatible with use on GlideN64, Rice video, nor Jabo video.

Djipi has never made a pack for use with Rice video and never will. any packs found in this format are not authorized!

GlideN64 is the new standard and only requires an Radeon 6XXX.
    This is a somewhat older GPU and should be readily available.
    Do everyone a favor and upgrade!

Banjo-Kazooie (FULLY RETEXTURED)

Nikachu

Well... I'm sure no one here knows me. I made this account a few years ago so that I could upload this pack, but I totally chickened out...

This is a FINISHED texture pack that I created for Banjo-Kazooie. Being one of the games that I loved in my childhood, I found it sad that few people had attempted to tackle it. After all, there are a million Zelda OoT retextures out there. I originally made this pack with the intention of just doing enough to prove that I had figured it out. It was going to be an "HD" plastering of just real world textures in place of the existing ones. I suppose that it didn't look too bad, and that I should have stopped as planned, but I got a little obsessive lol

I do not have an official name for this pack, but I would describe it as "painty" with embossing for depth. About 99% of the textures were recycled. By that, I mean that I used the original, enlarged textures as bases for the ones that I created. In this way, the game looks nearly exactly the same as far as style. The textures have all the same details as before. However, I severely edited each one so that the game looks new again. Do to the similarity in look (at least from far away), many of the the pics that I post here won't show enough detail to show just how much of a difference the pack actually makes. Therefore, you'll really only see it by seeing the video, or downloading the file. Sorry, but I cannot make the images larger here.

The entire game has been retextured (I'd estimate about 95% of all visible textures have been altered). I even changed little details such as the splashes and rings you make in water and even the lines on the backpack (I was REALLY bored...). However, you will see a few from time to time that haven't been touched. This is because I was never even able to find them. In fact, I can honestly say that I don't think the plugin ever even dumped them (I tried, believe me...). The two most noticeable places will likely be Spiral Mountain's grass texture, and nearly every texture in the cinematic of Grunty falling from the tower (why would they even use different textures from the Spiral Mountain ones?!). Aside from those, it will actually be slightly difficult to find something in its original form. All my work was done in Paint.net (with added plugins) except for the start menu font, which was done in Photoshop.

All you should have to do is unzip the file and place it in the plugins folder (I use Rice).

If I have made any mistakes in this posting, feel free to let me know. I'm "new" as far as never having posted here (I think), so please go a bit easy on me. ENJOY!!! :D

Edit: Thanks to DETOMINE and Death-Droid, the full file for the game is here:

Mediafire full game uploaded (direct download)
https://emulationking.com/banjo-kazooie-fully-retextured/

Emulation64\Textures - Multiple parts - Slow download
Banjo-Kazooie Fully Retextured

I kind of fully expect people to hate the character textures, so it is easy to remove them if you dislike them, just find the "characters" folder and take out what you want. Otherwise, I do honestly feel that some people will like this pack :)

Btw... Stop-n-Swop has also been retextured. I couldn't allow myself to call it finished unless this was done :p

Attachments

• Banjo-Kazooie Before and After 1-5 Reduced Size.jpg
    Banjo-Kazooie Before and After 1-5 Reduced Size.jpg
    117.7 KB · Views: 15,852
  • Banjo-Kazooie Before and After 6-10 Reduced Size.jpg
    Banjo-Kazooie Before and After 6-10 Reduced Size.jpg
    116.7 KB · Views: 8,152
  • Banjo-Kazooie Before and After Click-Clock Wood All Reduced Size.jpg
    Banjo-Kazooie Before and After Click-Clock Wood All Reduced Size.jpg
    117.7 KB · Views: 7,608
Last edited:

DETOMINE

If I have made any mistakes in this posting, feel free to let me know. I'm "new" as far as never having posted here (I think), so please go a bit easy on me. ENJOY!!! :D
In fact you have a total of 3 posts :D

Also, PLEASE let me know how to upload more. I uploaded this much, then couldn't do anymore. I haven't even gotten the levels uploaded, yet :(
You should use a website such as https://mega.co.nz/ to upload your file(s) (I strongly suggest to make only one big file).

Anyway, it looks very good, thumbs up!

OP
Nikachu

Nikachu

Thank you :) I'll look into that site. Also, I'm currently uploading a video to YouTube of the intro and "Demo" that goes with the intro. Hopefully that'll be up soon :)

OP
Nikachu

Nikachu

As long as I receive credit for what I've done, I don't care if it's thrown around or built upon or whatever :)

OP
Nikachu

Nikachu

Thank you, Death-Droid. Any help as far as making the pack available to everyone is much appreciated :)

OP
Nikachu

Nikachu

Thank you :) I may pick retexturing back up as a hobby when I have time :) I actually started on Conker's Bad Fur Day. I got the majority of the main menu and entry screen with the chainsaw done.

F

Fanatic 64

Thank you :) I may pick retexturing back up as a hobby when I have time :) I actually started on Conker's Bad Fur Day. I got the majority of the main menu and entry screen with the chainsaw done.
If you are using Glide64 or the latest Rice Video, make sure texture LOD is off (or else you'll get a texture for every level of trilinear mip-mapping).

OP
Nikachu

Nikachu

I use Rice, but I haven't updated it since I first downloaded it (like three or fur years ago <.<). What exactly is LOD?

OP
Nikachu

Nikachu

Thanks :) And I suppose it was. It took me about eight months overall, but I took about three months off during a short amount of time that I had a life lol It was fun, but extremely tedious. If I somehow got a job doing this, I would be perfectly happy with life :p

OP
Nikachu

Nikachu

I'm unsure of what plugin this is, as I have never downloaded from the site, but if you want the texture pack there is a different link that you can download it from.