What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.
  • As members seem to have a problem reading the release threads:

Djipi's packs are built for the (Glide64 finale) Plugin. Nolonger supported!
    Djipi's packs are built for the (GlideN64) Plugin.
    These two Plugins are two completely different pieces of code.

GlideN64.HTC archived packs locked by Djipi are not compatible with use on Glide64, Rice video, nor Jabo video.

Glide64.DAT archived packs locked by Djipi are not compatible with use on GlideN64, Rice video, nor Jabo video.

Djipi has never made a pack for use with Rice video and never will. any packs found in this format are not authorized!

GlideN64 is the new standard and only requires an Radeon 6XXX.
    This is a somewhat older GPU and should be readily available.
    Do everyone a favor and upgrade!

Banjo-Kazooie (FULLY RETEXTURED)

MuffinSlayer

Amazing job. I love this game and it's wonderful that there is a 100% complete texture pack for it.

One issue though:

When I unzip the file (using winrar) in my hires folder, there's an error saying that some of the files names exceed 260 characters, which is apparently not allowed. Is anyone else getting this error when trying to unzip the file? (I'm using FinalGlide64 and Project64 1.7)

OP
Nikachu

Nikachu

Amazing job. I love this game and it's wonderful that there is a 100% complete texture pack for it.

One issue though:

When I unzip the file (using winrar) in my hires folder, there's an error saying that some of the files names exceed 260 characters, which is apparently not allowed. Is anyone else getting this error when trying to unzip the file? (I'm using FinalGlide64 and Project64 1.7)

I'm not sure why it would be doing this. Have you tried using Rice? I know some people don't like the pluggin, but that is what I use (I've tried everything to make glide work for me, but my computer rejects it). I'm unsure of what version I use, however, since I haven't updated it in years >.>

NES_player4LIFE

Texture Pack Invader

One issue though:

Try 7zip.

boshaus

wow, this is great. I loved this game as a kid and may have to replay it now. Thanks for taking the time to do this

Amnesia

I`m dumb, need help :/

Guys call me dumb but I can`t find the right folder to put the downloaded files.

Could somebody please send me the complete path to use in Project64 v 2.1?

Thanks!

Amnesia

Thanks for the quick answer ExtremeDude2, still not working tough :/

I downloaded the file (496mb) from the two links of the 1st post of this thread. It is a zip with a folder "Banjo-Kazooie" in it and 9 folders inside that one, each folder have suboflders and after digging I get to lots of .PNG files. Is this the right file?

I`m asking because the Ocarina of Time textures I managed to use correctly were 2 .DAT files that I put in the "\Project64 2.1\Textures\Cache" folder.

The path I ended using and is still not working is "\Project64 2.1\Plugin\GFX\hi_res\Banjo-Kazooie".

Thanks again!

F

Fanatic 64

Thanks for the quick answer ExtremeDude2, still not working tough :/

I downloaded the file (496mb) from the two links of the 1st post of this thread. It is a zip with a folder "Banjo-Kazooie" in it and 9 folders inside that one, each folder have suboflders and after digging I get to lots of .PNG files. Is this the right file?

I`m asking because the Ocarina of Time textures I managed to use correctly were 2 .DAT files that I put in the "\Project64 2.1\Textures\Cache" folder.

The path I ended using and is still not working is "\Project64 2.1\Plugin\GFX\hi_res\Banjo-Kazooie".

Thanks again!
You have it wrong. It is Project64 2.1\Plugin\GFX\hires_texture\Banjo-Kazooie.

Also, make sure you select "Texture Format: Rice" and "Save Texture Cache to Hard Disk" on in Glide64's settings.

Amnesia

Still not working :/

Hello, I still didn`t manage to use the textures correctly :/

I`m attaching some screenshots of my configs and folders so it will be easier to someone point me my mistake. It seems it is probably something simple that I`m doing wrong.

Thanks in advance for any help :)

ps: one of the screenshots if of where the files of Zelda Textures are in my project64 folder. I`m showing that because these high res textures are working fine and my logical try was to put the Banjo-Kazooie high res textures in the same folder (didn`t work also).

Attachments

• configs.PNG
    configs.PNG
    53.8 KB · Views: 553
  • path1.PNG
    path1.PNG
    51.2 KB · Views: 479
  • path2.PNG
    path2.PNG
    42.2 KB · Views: 411
  • path3.PNG
    path3.PNG
    72.8 KB · Views: 466
  • path4.PNG
    path4.PNG
    60.4 KB · Views: 448
F

Fanatic 64

Put the "Banjo-Kazooie" folder in the "Project64 2.1\Textures" folder.

Disable "Alternative CRC Calculation" and set "Texture Cache" to 300 MB.

M

MeagerToots

Amazing work Nikachu! You just made my late vacation even more awesome...but now I'm kinda hoping for rainy days so I can stay inside and play Banjo-Kazooie again. :happy: Anyway, thank you so much!

Since there seems to be alot of good feedback and praise, what is the chance of seeing something like this for Banjo-Tooie?

F

Fanatic 64

The author has been inactive ever since the publication of this pack, so it is unlikely we'll see another High Resolution Textures Pack from him.

OP
Nikachu

Nikachu

The author has been inactive ever since the publication of this pack, so it is unlikely we'll see another High Resolution Textures Pack from him.

Her... :p And I have replies set to go to my email, since I have already been through most of this site lol

@MeagerToots I would love to continue this into other games, but it is a truly long and teadius process. I originally did this to fill my time between high school and college. I am now currently in college, so it isn't very likely that I will get around to another one of these for a while. I'm also trying to teach myself 3D modeling and programming... so yeah lol. However, I may work on another game in my spare time. It will not be done anytime soon, that's for sure, and it may not even be for Banjo-Tooie. I was actually looking to do Conker's Bad Fur Day next, as it is my favorite game of all time. Thank you for the kind words, though. I will definitely consider continuing my work :)

ItsMeMario123

Thanks so much for making this wonderful pack!

I was wondering if anyone wouldn't mind uploading the .DAT files because for whatever reason there seems to be an error in the \Environment\Walls folder that crashes Project 64 1.6 about 380mb into the loading of the textures. HD Textures work fine other then for whatever reason is a game breaking image for me in there.

Anyhow if someone could upload that file I would REALLY appreciate it. Thank you very much and have a nice day!

ItsMeMario123

Try patching Project64 to use more RAM, see my signature.

That worked perfectly!!!

Was working on that all night, had no idea what it could of been!

On a separate note, I am really excited for the new GlideN64 Plugin to come out! Hopefully soon as it really looks to improve N64 emulation as a whole.

Thanks again for your help!