What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

Rice Video community plugin crashes when using community retexture pack

Textbook

I've been replaying Ocarina of Time, and have been using the Rice Video Community Version plugin in combination with the Community Retexture Pack for Ocarina of Time. Up until now, everything has been flawless. I experienced my first crash as adult Link, just before the entrance to the Fire Temple. Project64 crashes, and the faulting module is RiceVideo.dll. If I disable loading of hi-resolution textures, the plugin does not crash. I recorded video of this happening here:

http://screenr.com/hab7

My theory: it has to do with where the ladder appears leading down to the fire temple

http://imgur.com/a/V6t8H

I have already been able to get into the fire temple without the hi-resolution textures, save, and then load the savestate with hi-resolution textures once I'm in the fire temple, without issues. I just thought I would start a thread in case anybody was interested.

(I can't post links because I'm a new account (Fixed by a friend) )

Last edited by a moderator:

Markeerouz

Delete some of the textures and try again, the community pack has a lot of oversized textures and maybe the emulator can't load them properly.

I think you should post this on Tutorial, questions and general talk. WIP is for retexture projects.

death--droid

Hmm problem is most likely caused by the 'animated' texture feature of RiceVideo. Go to the Areas/Fire Temple/ Folder and move the folder entrance out of there and let me know if the crash still occurs.
Also what version of Rice video are you using? (I know its community version, but i've released way to many ones to keep track XD)

OP
T

Textbook

Thank you everybody for your responses. I am using RiceVideo 0.1.4.1 from the community thread. MD5: ae38db0a16f7febea843ae5eff3effc9

I moved the "Entrance" folder out of the Fire Temple folder and the crash did not occur. Thanks!

death--droid

I thought it may of very well of been, I should get around to actually getting that feature to properly work rather then being crashingful all the time.