What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

How to get Djipi_CellPack_OOT_2011 to work

Weboh

I know this is posted somewhere else, but that thread is so clogged I can't sift through it all to get what I want. It supposedly works with Glide, but I can't get it to work with that or Rice. Whenever I start the ROM with Glide, PJ64 gives me the error message; and whenever I start it with Rice it doesn't load the texture. I am trying to use it with Master Quest, having already beat OoT. Is that the problem? 'Cause I read that it works with MQ. Is there a different version that works with MQ? Or how can I get it to work period? I read the documentaion, but it wasn't helpful to my particular case. I'm running PJ64 1.6 on Windows XP SP3.

F

Fanatic 64

What error message gives you Project64? "Project64.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close"?

You NEED Glide64 to use this pack, it was specifically made to be incompatible with Rice Video (because according to the author "Rice Video has too many bugs").

OP
W

Weboh

I get the "Project64.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close" error when I run Glide. What folder am I supposed to put the textures in? \PJ64\Plugin\hires_texture? Or just /plugin? It's not made clear. And does it work with Master Quest or not?

Lucario

Correct directory for Glide64 files:
\glide3x.dll
\Plugin\GFX\Glide64.dll
\Plugin\GFX\Glide64.ini
\Plugin\GFX\Glide64_*_*.mo (* is language)
\Plugin\GFX\GlideHQ.dll

Folder \GFX\ is necessary for Pj64 1.7-2.0.
For Pj64 1.6.1 and older, \GFX\ folder removed and all files/subfolders under it move to \Plugin\.

.dat textures go to
-For Pj64 1.7-2.0: \Plugin\GFX\cache\
-For Pj64 1.6.1: \Plugin\cache\

texture images and texture subfolders go to
-For Pj64 1.7-2.0: \Plugin\GFX\hires_texture\GAME\
-For Pj64 1.6.1: \Plugin\hires_texture\GAME\

In my Windows 7 PC, I'll have to run Pj64 with Glide64 plugins in compatibility mode to Windows 7 itself so I can run Pj64 without crash on start. I'm not sure if that "compatibility mode" feature will be available on your system... You could give it a shot.

Open submenu (right-click) on Project64.exe -> Properties -> Compatibility -> check box "Run this program in compatibility mode for:" -> select any Windows version (in my case, "Windows 7")

Last edited:

zemekus78

I wanted to make a thread of this video, but It wont let me in any of the forums/sub forums. it always says either forbidden words or too many links, but this walks you through everything step by step. If you want to see the OOT 2011 texture pack installation then its towards the end of the video.

youtu.be/MjdhBPrZeQg