What's new

Lens Of Truth not working in MM with Glide 64 and hi-res textures

shredtilldeth

Hi everyone! I've tried looking all around this forum and I can't seem to find an answer, which I usually can do. I've seen similar questions posed but no answer.

Basically, I am using Djipi's Majoras Mask texture pack with the Glide 64 video plugin and, most of the time it works great! I was so happy when I finally was able to run a hi-res texture game without aspect ratio distortion! Anyways, everything works great but the lens of truth doesn't work. It works totally fine with the default Jabo plugin. Is there something I am missing? I've goofed with the options for quite a while now and no luck. Any help would be appreciated and THANKS! ahead of time.

squall_leonhart

The Great Gunblade Wielder
might be a format issue with one of the textures in the pack, if its applied to the lens of truth's wavy effect.

OP
S

shredtilldeth

Thats such a bummer. If its not one thing its another I guess. I know that the texture itself exists because once you're done following Darmani there comes a point where you don't use the Lens Of Truth to see him and it was textured. I did come across a video on youtube of someone using the exact same texture pack having the exact same issue. Here is the link if it helps:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0JofVH1i0AI#t=18m28s

The video was only posted 2 months ago so I can assume that he's using the latest version of the TP. I've also seen other people posting on the forum about having similar issues but, like I said there was no fix for it. I DID discover that in order for the Lens Of Truth to work without the texture pack that "Use frame buffer objects" needs to be ON.

Anyways, like I said. Thanks for your help regardless.

OP
S

shredtilldeth

Oh, I did also notice that various other effects disappear when you use the Lens Of Truth with the texture pack on. Most notably the ice that encases stuff, or the blue glow of an icebat. Additionally, when you receive an item that has a brown color to it, i.e. the bomb bag or the Goron mask, the color is white, but textured, instead of brown. Also the hair of the big haired dude in the training facility in west clock town is white.

I don't know if this helps you, or me, or anyone. I guess I'm just throwing shit at the wall to see what sticks.

Snitt

OK so the weirdest thing just happened...
I have this very same issue and it's still not fixed... For some reason using the rice format on that plugin simply will not work no matter what I try...
So I googled a long time ago how to fix this issue once it popped up suddenly...
Still found nothing. I was forced to continue past the lens of truth section without my HD texture pack enabled.
So today I decided I was going to try and fix this... Again... I searched google again and found this thread...
Google led me to this thread and I read the thread...
I scrolled down and clicked on the youtube video that OP linked to...
Then I thought YouTube had glitched... I was sent to one of my own videos...
Then I realized that the link he had sent was one of my own videos with only 28 views!
So weird... I randomly found myself whilst searching for a fix...

Anyways, still looking for an answer... I tried a TON of stuff and eventually I managed to actually get it working using rice format but WITHOUT the HD texture pack... However, the red circle effect that should appear didn't appear but everything else worked fine... Couldn't get any further than that...
It's a real pain because I started my let's play series on the HD texture pack and now have to continually disable it whenever there's a problem. Which messes with fraps/audio sync problems. Not to mention how unprofessional it looks... :[

squall_leonhart

The Great Gunblade Wielder
The problem is the texture pack itself, The format for the objects that are supposed to appear when using the lens of truth are not alpha flagged correctly resulting in them always appearing invisible.

Gonetz said:
It's a bad idea to create hires texture for the LoT. Can't say for sure, what is wrong without debugging, but I guess that alpha test just does not pass. The texels inside the LoT must be rejected by alpha test, but Djipi made it 'nice', texels did not rejected and 'invisible' part of the scene was made truly invisible by depth compare. Solution: make texels inside the circle have the same alpha, as in the original LoT texture.