What's new

Movie Recording .avi file - Plays audio but shows static lines when video plays

Moshi980

Hey I love the Jnes emulator! It plays all my mega man games without any problems. However, the only I have is when it comes to video recording. I know how to record movies in Jnes. I am trying to record my playthroughs of the mega man classic games (1-6). Yesterday I tried to record MM 5 in 5 minute segments. The actual movie recording is fine, even the encoding part. It's just when I try to play the .avi file with windows media player, I get a video with static lines as shown in the screen shot I have attached. Strangely, the audio for the video works perfectly. I just can't SEE the video. I don't know what to do. Assistance would be greatly appreciated as I have planned to upload my playthroughs on youtube. Thanks in advance!

(in accordance with /threads/6205-Bugtracker-known-issues-and-feature-requests-read-before-posting!)
CPU type and speed: Intel Core2 Duo CPU 2.53GHz
Exact video card type and memory: NVIDIA GeForce 9300 GS, 1515MB
Operating System: Windows Vista Business (6.0, Build 6002)
In Jnes what is your video config set to? - 512x448, default
Are you using the latest version? does an older version work? I am using v1.1.0.25 (latest version)

Attachments

• MM 5 Video Screen Shot.jpg
    MM 5 Video Screen Shot.jpg
    110.6 KB · Views: 551
Last edited:

DETOMINE

Try to read the avi file with VLC, if it works, you have a codec problem, if it doesn't, the problem is probably related to jnes.

OP
M

Moshi980

Thank you DETOMINE! I'm downloading VLC right now. I'll try to run the .avi file. I'll let you know what happens.

OP
M

Moshi980

Ok, I just ran the avi file with VLC but it's the same problem as with windows media player. So it must mean that there is a problem with jnes. What should I do? Would it help if I downloaded jnes again?