Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1
    Retired~NoviceTexture~Edi tor Traveler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    22
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Windows Collect,Convert, Burn a modded Skyrim?

    According to some rumors from players, this program (below) can 'copy' a 360 game and be able to be played onto the xbox360 (its illegal if done without rightful purchase of the game):

    'UltraISO' http://www.ezbsystems.com/ultraiso/

    It seems it can turn a .exe to anything such as an .ISO and other formats (but must have all the necessary files to go with it).

    So the question is, if a person owns Skyrim (pc) and Skyrim (360) considering that gives both programing data for the two systems, could they make a modded version and convert it to a 360 format?

    *As for the modded. The game itself is already huge, mainly just equipment replacements and different clothing. Few adjustments remove and add here and there type mod.
    There's a difference of maliciously offending somebody `on purpose, and, somebody being offended by---Truth. If you're offended by the Truth, that's your problem.

  2. #2
    EmuTalk Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    894
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    That's not possible. You can't just "convert" a program from a platform and run it on a different platform (like how you purposed to covert a N64 game into a Wii game in another thread). I just doesn't work like that. Try googling "Convert PlayStation game into Linux game", you'll find nothing, because it is technically impossible.

    And it is not a rumor. Disc copying programs have existed since forever. Maybe you should try to to learn a bit more about computation in general, and make less (no offense) nonsensical proposals/statements.

  3. #3
    EmuTalk Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    202
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fanatic 64 View Post
    That's not possible. You can't just "convert" a program from a platform and run it on a different platform (like how you purposed to covert a N64 game into a Wii game in another thread). I just doesn't work like that. Try googling "Convert PlayStation game into Linux game", you'll find nothing, because it is technically impossible.

    And it is not a rumor. Disc copying programs have existed since forever. Maybe you should try to to learn a bit more about computation in general, and make less (no offense) nonsensical proposals/statements.
    Although your statements stand for compiled programs, I would not be so sure about the personal case of skyrim.

    I don't know how the 360 version of skyrim works, but if this version is able to read (modded) .esm files (as the PC version is able to), it may be possible to "mod" the 360 version.
    It may also be possible to change textures (that has been done before on the N64 for example).

  4. #4
    Retired~NoviceTexture~Edi tor Traveler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    22
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DETOMINE View Post
    Although your statements stand for compiled programs, I would not be so sure about the personal case of skyrim.

    I don't know how the 360 version of skyrim works, but if this version is able to read (modded) .esm files (as the PC version is able to), it may be possible to "mod" the 360 version.
    It may also be possible to change textures (that has been done before on the N64 for example).
    This article gives the simple idea of the burning method:

    http://www.ehow.com/how_5879107_conv...-rom-file.html

    I agree with you, the developers of Skyrim made it adaptable for 360 Skyrim saves to be edited on the pc version by their 'Creation Kit'. So, it is possible to convert it. Especially since microsoft built both systems PC and 360.

    *Fanatic 64 likes to bring up people's flaws even though the flaws has nothing to do with the question asked. Oh yeah there goes their favorite saying "not possible". Its possible to convert .gb to .gba, and gcn to wii format. Its possible because of basics, nintendo uses alot of different styles from the original programing, like the wii is basically a different version of Ngamecube. Microsoft built the 360 from their basic coding as well.

    As a hacker friend of mine once said
    I like messing with programs, why? because you can do anything on pcs, because the codes and decoding makes it easy, whereas life its the same but thousands-an-thousands times harder..!
    Last edited by Traveler; March 5th, 2013 at 23:35.
    There's a difference of maliciously offending somebody `on purpose, and, somebody being offended by---Truth. If you're offended by the Truth, that's your problem.

  5. #5
    EmuTalk Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    894
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Traveler View Post
    This article gives the simple idea of the burning method:

    http://www.ehow.com/how_5879107_conv...-rom-file.html

    I agree with you, the developers of Skyrim made it adaptable for 360 Skyrim saves to be edited on the pc version by their 'Creation Kit'. So, it is possible to convert it. Especially since microsoft built both systems PC and 360.

    *Fanatic 64 likes to bring up people's flaws even though the flaws has nothing to do with the question asked. Oh yeah there goes their favorite saying "not possible". Its possible to convert .gb to .gba, and gcn to wii format. Its possible because of basics, nintendo uses alot of different styles from the original programing, like the wii is basically a different version of Ngamecube. Microsoft built the 360 from their basic coding as well.

    As a hacker friend of mine once said
    It is possible to "convert" things like data loaded by a game or use backwards compatibility (what GB-GBA and GCN-Wii does), but it is not possible to convert a compiled binary (I've been avoiding using technical terms with you) from one platform like a PlayStation 2, to another one like Linux, for example (the same with N64-Wii or PC-XB360).

  6. #6
    Retired~NoviceTexture~Edi tor Traveler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    22
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fanatic 64 View Post
    (I've been avoiding using technical terms with you) from one platform like a PlayStation 2, to another one like Linux
    That's an insult! I know what I'm capable of! If you're trying to help, then only use the simple terms when the asker feels like its needed.



    If you can give me an accurate answer (and if it helps) by using `techinical terms, even if I don't fully understand all of it. I would be more satisfied. Because I can easily learn the codes, especially by research and speaking to other programmers. Also, the programmers that are researching the same subject, could use your information as well. So, don't use my `inexperience as an excuse to limit your answers!..

    Now if you will, either leave if you're not helping or continue your `technical responses to fullfill the answers to the present day question. your choice.
    There's a difference of maliciously offending somebody `on purpose, and, somebody being offended by---Truth. If you're offended by the Truth, that's your problem.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •