What's new

plugins

oldaekie

Bought a PS2 controller and everything works fine in P64 except for Mario 64, He cannot just walk, runs with the slightest touch,Plugin Jabo's direct input 71.6 Will not work at all with N-Rage Direct input8 V2 18a. Adjusting the dead zone does nothing either.. Any suggestions?

aRadiatedNoodle

Do you have any other games aside from emulation-based games that have gradient-like movement with an analog controller?

Also, if you haven't already, try messing with the range of the controller. I don't think that'd make you start running right away, but it's worth a shot. There should be a range option that you can slide back and forth in N-rage's plugin.

Last edited:

Visitor111

Reducing the deadzone can help if your character is walking even if you have the joystick all the way forward. I have used this in many games. I tested the opposite for OoT and GoldenEye and it does indeed work :)

Allnatural

Reducing the deadzone can help if your character is walking even if you have the joystick all the way forward. I have used this in many games. I tested the opposite for OoT and GoldenEye and it does indeed work :)
You misunderstand what the deadzone slider is doing. Moving it up increases the distance you have to move the stick before the plugin registers an input. Useful if you have a stick that's ultra-sensitive. The OPs problem is clearly a calibration issue.