What's new

Best NES Games

DurantCole22

I recently downloaded a NES emulator since I didn't really get into gaming until the 64 era. I was going to post on a Nintendo forum but I figured they wouldn't take to kindly to me saying I had downloaded an emulator. But I was just wanting to know what some of the best games on the NES are? Just looking for some of the top picks, and opinions thanks in advance to all responses.

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
Let's see... here's my alphabetical list of sorts.

Akumajou Densetsu (Castlevania III, the japanese version not the western one.)
Batman: Return of the Joker
Battletoads (up to level 3 at least)
Bionic Commando
Castlevania, Castlevania 2 (search for patches that improve the CV2 experience from romhacking.net - worth it, as the unaltered one is needlessly difficult.)
Contra
Darwing Duck (some licensed games are actually good)
Crystalis
Double Dragon I-III (good thing to look for improvement patches, also)
Duck Tales I-II
Earth bound (Mother)
Esper Dream 2
Excitebike
Final Fantasy I-III (look for improvements to different gameplay aspects)
Gargoyle's Quest
Ice Climber
Jackal
Journey to Silius
Legend of Zelda
Mega Man I-VI
Metal Gear
Mighty Final Fight
Power Blade 1-2
Super C (the sequel to Contra)
Super mario Bros. 1-3
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II

NES_player4LIFE

Texture Pack Invader
The worst thing about NES emulation is no more blowing/spitting in to carts to get them to work. Ah those where the days, fighting with your favorite game for a half hour only to have your mother call you for dinner when you finally got the game to load.
:cry:

Adventure island.
Burger Time.
Dig-dug 2.
Donkey Kong.
Joust.
Kirby Adventure.
Krusty's fun house.
Marble Madness.
Popeye.
Pipe Dreams.
Punch out!
Tengent Tetris (The original tetris for NES)
The Simsons: Bart VS the space mutants.
The Simsons: Bart VS the world.

Last edited:

smcd

What they said ^^ plus the Ninja Gaiden series is pretty fun but fairly hard at times.

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
Yeah, definitely. The first Ninja Gaiden can be hair-pullingly hard. Those damn hawks...

Toasty

Sony battery
It gets a lot of flak, but Zelda II: The Adventure of Link has become one of my favorites. For years I had struggled off and on to get further than the second palace, and the exhilaration of finally beating the game after trying for so long was truly a rewarding experience.

Until I beat it I absolutely hated it though. :D

Of course, the first Zelda is great too, and the Kirby and Mario Bros. titles rarely disappoint.

SuperKram

The best NES game is most defiantly "The Legend of Zelda"

It gets a lot of flak, but Zelda II: The Adventure of Link has become one of my favorites. For years I had struggled off and on to get further than the second palace, and the exhilaration of finally beating the game after trying for so long was truly a rewarding experience.

Until I beat it I absolutely hated it though. :D

Of course, the first Zelda is great too, and the Kirby and Mario Bros. titles rarely disappoint.

The best NES game is most defiantly "The Legend of Zelda":D