What's new

(yet another) Twilight Princess on Dolphin 3.5 - FPS drops.

terie

Greetings, I'm sorry for posting this to another topic if the other one exists, but!

I've read the Dolphin guide for the game and have set everything to how they should be. I've got ZTP Hack on, but in Hyrule field the FPS drop makes the game almost unplayable sometimes. Also Twilight world causes a lot of lag and the game generally is running really slow - sometimes for a while and sometimes it just slows down in crucial moments :D

Since I do not know hardly anything about Dolphin and emulators in general I hope there's someone who might know at least something helpful.

My computer specifics:
Operating system: W7 Ultimate 64bit
CPU: Amd Phenom II X3 720 (2,8HGz)
RAM: 16 GB (DDR2)
Motherboard: Asus M5A78L 760G
GPU: Nvidia Geforce GTX 550 ti

I've had no problems running the latest games, but my CPU is 3 years old. I'm wondering if it might cause this, or perhaps I have some other things checked wrong, but the guide itself doesn't say anything about it.

I'd appreciate any help I could get with this thing, thank you <3

OP
T

terie

The CPU is far to slow to be running LoZ: TP in Hyrule Field

Ugh, I thought it was decent for most of the games, goddamn!

Suppose with my setup it wouldn't be smart to get a new CPU without updating MOBO as well.

Thank you!

DETOMINE

Ugh, I thought it was decent for most of the games, goddamn!
Suppose with my setup it wouldn't be smart to get a new CPU without updating MOBO as well.
Thank you!
I think I have read somewhere that Dolphin works better with i5/i7 (Intel) processors than with their AMD counterparts.
You may consider buying an Intel processor (and maybe while you're at it verifying that on the dolphin's forum).