What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

Question: Can Textures be Re-sized?

diaX

Can I take a texture that is originally 100x100 and turn that into a new texture that is 200x200. If so what is the limit, 400x400 .....?

hey on a side note
I used to edit texture a long time ago and lots of them still have this type of name
44DE2FB2986813CB63A50898904C9177

the new ones are now something like
WAR GODS#109F58F6#2#1#AF2775A3_ciByRGBA
just to be on the same page as everyone else
I'm sure it was that I was using another plugin
but will this be changing anytime soon?
not a big deal just on the off chance someone knows
renaming everything has been awwe annoying

NES_player4LIFE

Texture Pack Invader
Yes HighResEaser will enlarge the texture size by 4x 8x or 16x original size. Ricevideo and glide64 will read these sizes.

What plugin are you using to rip you textures?

death--droid

I know RiceVideo can handle any texture enlargement as long as that its increased by a power of 2, (so as NES was saying 4x, 8x, 16, and so on)

This "44DE2FB2986813CB63A50898904C9177" from the looks of it is the naming method that Jabo used in his plugin, and is not recommended.

The supposed new format "WAR GODS#109F58F6#2#1#AF2775A3_ciByRGBA" has been around for a very long time now (longer then Jabo's method)
I highly doubt that this naming format will be going anywhere anytime soon, well at least with Rice Video and Glide64, (im currently the only active dev on Rice Video and do not plan on changing that naming method, and Glide64 is no longer in active development)

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
D

diaX

Thanks - multiples of two - 2x 4x 8x 16x

What plugin are you using to rip your textures?
I'm using - Mudlord's Rice video Build 6.1.4 (Unofficial)
(based on 6.1.1 beta 10)

I'm not sure if this is the latest or not

I highly doubt that this naming format will be going anywhere anytime soon, well at least with Rice Video and Glide64, (im currently the only active dev on Rice Video and do not plan on changing that naming method, and Glide64 is no longer in active development)

hmm, I didn't know there was so little interest now. if only I was better at programming.