What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

Free Open Source Kart Racing Seeks Texture artists

antoine32

Hey everyone,

I've followed the texture projects for years. I played djipi's wonderful cel shaded zelda and I am here to see if anyone texture artists want to work on a current game.

SuperTuxKart (STK) is a free, fast, fun open source kart racing game that you can play with kids, parents, wife or non-gaming husband. It's made by fans and volunteers. The latest major version was released last month, so modders start start your tinkering. The gameplay is solid (it's been in development for over a decade), but the visuals are inconsistent in many places. It has also been downloaded at least 3 million times. Search SuperTuxKart 0.8 on youtube to see gameplay. I can't post links, but it's very easy to get started and you can find the site by just searching SuperTuxKart. STK is available for Solaris, Linux, Mac OS X, Windows, and FreeBSD. Whew, that's a mouthful.

Texture artists can help make more consistently good looking levels. You can retexture existing levels, create new works, retexture characters and karts. I can't think of a group better suited to work on STK. I would love to see what mollymutt and djipi could do to some of our levels. If anyone knows how to contact the texture artists we would certainly appreciate it.

Also, if anyone of you texture artists created your works from scratch and are willing to put your packs up under the creative commons license or sharealike license, it would be a huge benefit to the gaming community.

Features
*Appropriate for ages 5+
*Over 20 tracks and battle arenas
*Weapons, obstacles, and powerups
*Split-screen multiplayer support for up to 4 players
*Many game modes
-Grand Prix
-Single Race
-Time Trial
-Follow-the-leader
-3-Strikes Battles

*Funny characters
*Available on GNU/Linux, Windows, MacOSX, FreeBSD, Solaris
*Supports gamepads (the xbox360 controller works great)

You can join the community and start coding, making art, music, animations, designing new karts and tracks and bug testing. They are looking for help adding new game modes, individualized physics for each kart, adding AI to battlemode and getting internet multiplayer working. They want to polish up the art style and make it more consistent and adding new sfx, textures, and models.

You can search on how to make karts, tracks, etc. It's pretty. At the very least, download and try SuperTuxKart for free and let us know if you find any bugs with the game.

Thanks for your time.

Sincerely,

The SuperTuxKart Team

Last edited: