EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Talking Configuring Joypad map to mimic Super Nintendo controller?

Could someone tell me what Button A, Button B, Turbo A, and Turbo B are relative to the Super Nintendo controller so that I can set up my gamepad accordingly. Something doesn't feel right, and I've tried modifying it by trial and error and wound up more confused then what I was to begin with, so to be on the safe side if someone could simply tell me the corresponding buttons that would be lovely. I would offer help to you guys in return without a doubt but my experience with emulators only consist of playing Pokemon yellow on an online application once.

Much obliged.

16-bit Corpse | Moderator Agozer's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

ElektroDragon: I hate dying over and over. I don't learn from my mistakes. I couldn't play Dark Souls because of this. I bought the Bloodborne Collector's Edition. Like I said, I don't learn from my mistakes!

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I know I thought and did the exact same thing but the names of the buttons don't match the controller which is what throws me.

16-bit Corpse | Moderator Agozer's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Erm, maybe I'm stupid, but I'm still not completely in the clear on what your problem is. What emulator are you using? Can you post a picture of your gamepad? What kind of button layout does it have?

Turbo A and Turbo B means rapidly pressing eirther A or B respectively, i.e. map Turbo A to one button means that when you press said button, the effect is the same when you rapidly press the A button. The original Super Nintendo controller doesn't have turbo buttons obviously.

Assign the buttons however you feel like.

ElektroDragon: I hate dying over and over. I don't learn from my mistakes. I couldn't play Dark Souls because of this. I bought the Bloodborne Collector's Edition. Like I said, I don't learn from my mistakes!

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Agozer View Post
    Erm, maybe I'm stupid, but I'm still not completely in the clear on what your problem is. What emulator are you using? Can you post a picture of your gamepad? What kind of button layout does it have?

Turbo A and Turbo B means rapidly pressing eirther A or B respectively, i.e. map Turbo A to one button means that when you press said button, the effect is the same when you rapidly press the A button. The original Super Nintendo controller doesn't have turbo buttons obviously.

Assign the buttons however you feel like.
    I meant the controller input on the menu not the controller. I meant to edit that post but couldnt stay logged in. I have a joy pad that looks like an xbox controller, the buttons layout isnt too far from a super nintendo. And so I want to make the controller operate the same as a nintendo controller would by editing the input on the emulator screen. So I need to figure out what button A is to on the nintendo controller, button b is to the nintendo controller, and etc. Not stupid at all, that was my fault.