What's new

new to emulators

UncleBungus

Hello,

Forgive my ignorance on the subject, but I just downloaded a few different emulators. I have a wired Microsoft controller that I'd like to use. The problem is that I have no idea how to set my emulators to where I can use it. The only one I can get to work is Fusion, which is a Sega Genesis emulator. And the problem I'm having with that one is the D pad. Up and down on the D pad makes the character go left or right, while left and right on the D pad makes the character look up or squat down. Does anybody have any advice on how I can make my controller work properly or at all on my emulators? Are there any specific emulators that may work better for a Microsoft controller? The emulators I'm using so far are NeoPop, Fusion, Visual Boy, and Project 64.

Toasty

Sony battery
Directions on configuring input will be emulator-specific. For PJ64, you can configure input by going to Options->Configure Controller Plugin... and then mapping N64 controller functions to the desired functions on your controller. I don't know the procedures for the other emulators you listed off the top of my head, but it's likely done similarly. Explore the menus and read whatever help and manuals are provided with the emulators you're using; configuring input is generally made as intuitive a process as possible. If, after that, you still are unable to configure an emulator's input, you could search the forum for an answer. If there's no luck there, post your question(s) in the most specific forum section(s) possible.

OP
U

UncleBungus

Thanks. I figured out how to configure a few of them. The Game Boy emulator just didn't offer that function. I just need to test different emulators to see which ones will give me that option.