What's new

How to run Zelda: Majora's Mask on Project64 emulator?

ThalieThal

Sorry if this has been posted 100 times before.. I've never used an emulator before. So I'm not really sure what's going on.. I have downloaded Legend of Zelda, The - Majora's Mask - Collector's Edition (E) (M4) (GC) [!]. When I try to run it.. I just get a black screen. I tried to do something someone else suggested.. And downloaded a Goodn64 application.. But I'm not sure where to go from there. Any help? Please?

NES_player4LIFE

Texture Pack Invader
Majora's Mask - Collector's Edition (E) (M4) (GC) [!]
I've never heard of an N64 rom with a GameCube ID within it's name.

This is why you should not download warez.

Last edited:

squall_leonhart

The Great Gunblade Wielder
I've never heard of an N64 rom with a GameCube ID within it's name.

This is why you should not download warez.

It means the rom was dumped from LoZ collectors edition GC disk, since its just run through an emulator on the ngc.

the M4 after it though means it has been modified, probably ntsc patched for 60fps.

NES_player4LIFE

Texture Pack Invader
Thanks for clearing that up.
I didn't realize that big N used emulators in the NGC age. It makes sense now.

So this rom should run, I wonder if it uses a different u-code.

Last edited:
F

Fanatic 64

I wonder if it uses a different u-code.

It doesn't. It is pretty much identical to the N64 version except it has a couple of errors fixed, a couple of errors added, and the A-B button color is changed from Blue-Green to Green-Red (like the GameCube controller).

Also in the (E) version, the language selector is removed (effectively locking the game in English), however the language can be still changed to German, French and Spanish trough GameShark.