What's new

1964js 0.1.0

schibo

Emulator Developer
Some Mario64 gameplay. Still wireframe..lots of work to do on graphics :)..but nice progress.

togreglove

Some Mario64 gameplay. Still wireframe..lots of work to do on graphics :)..but nice progress.

Amazing work schibo!

If you're looking for some help, I'm in search of a new project. We knew each other back in the 90's. I went by "hWnd" back then and did a lot of work with Lemmy on the Nemu64 graphics engine.
Let me know if there is anything I can pitch in with.

Greg

OP
schibo

schibo

Emulator Developer
Hey hWnd! Thanks :). Yeah I'd love if you could help with the project. I'll send you a private message in here.

OP
schibo

schibo

Emulator Developer
A very early sneak peek of textures starting to work thanks to hWnd's handiwork (just after a few days!)
Lots of work to do, but it's starting to look like an emulator :)

Last edited:

Zuzma

That's some tasty lookin texture work ya got there. It's also nice seeing how fast it is at this point and I imagine it'll only get faster. :)

OP
schibo

schibo

Emulator Developer
Thanks! Detomine, a pretty decent machine is needed to run Mario, but I think that will improve with optimizations both from our side and as javascript vms get faster in browsers. The video was recorded on a core i7 2.7 GHz. The screen capture software slowed things down a bit too.

Zuzma

Awesome, I figured you had to have a pretty high end machine for that to be running that fast. It was about half speed on my ancient core 2 machine. And yeah google has really been pushing the speed on their java vm compared to other web browser makers which is great for everyone. Hopefully firefox will make some more headway with their ion monkey engine. Honestly I'm not much of a fan of chrome even though I run it side by side with firefox.

Edit: Oops didn't see your name there DETOMINE :huh:

Last edited:

DETOMINE

Thanks! Detomine, a pretty decent machine is needed to run Mario, but I think that will improve with optimizations both from our side and as javascript vms get faster in browsers. The video was recorded on a core i7 2.7 GHz. The screen capture software slowed things down a bit too.
Thanks for your answer. I suppose 1964js run faster within Chrome? The screen capture software shouldn't be a problem on CPU with 4+ core, as I assume that it can have its "own core"?
Anyway an emulator running inside a vm is a really fun :)teehee:) project.

Zuzma

It's amazing how fast you can push out your changes since it's written in java script. Damn nice speed increases too for v0.1.11. :)

Last edited:
OP
schibo

schibo

Emulator Developer
Thanks! Yep still an issue with screen capture.. at least on my MacBook. 0.1.12 speed is better too :)