What's new

No Sound?!

Tekuwolf

Teku Member
So I was pla- starting to play Star Fox 64, like it was just starting up, and then I minised it, and the sound continued until I shut off my laptop. When I turned it back on and started to play Super Smash Brothers, there was absolutely no sound at all. I tried playing all of my downloaded ROMs, but it was the same for all of them. I just dont know what went wrong or how to fix it. I've tried adjusting both the game's volume and the emulator's, but they both say the volume is all the way up, and I checked multiple times to see if my coputer was on mute. Every time I try to play a game there is no sound. I'm the kind of person who enjoys the sound on games, so it really bothers me. Please help!

talker

I think you should edit out the part about how you got your roms, since piracy is not supported at the forum.

Did you put your laptop to sleep (closed the lid while the computer running) or did you really shut it down? Is everything else muted or just the emulator?
Try to restart the system and see if that helps, if not check the sound plugin in pj64 and the sound settings in Windows. I neither helps, then check Device Manager in Windows and check if you need to reinstall the sound driver.

OP
Tekuwolf

Tekuwolf

Teku Member
I turned it off. It's just the emulator. When I play music or games online it's fine. The audio plugin thing only has the volume and adio logging and rom settings. The volume is all the way up.
I highly doubt it's a problem with Windows, though because my volume is at 50, and it was always good enough to hear it before...

I don't understand what you mean by that. I dont use a controller if that's what your saying.

OP
Tekuwolf

Tekuwolf

Teku Member
WOAH WOAH HOLD ON!!! I just tried one more time and the sound magically came back. I'm not sure at all what happened, but I definitely don't want it to happen agian!! Thanks for your help. :)