Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Or you could you know... just use mupen64plus libretro right now.

Once this version of Glide64 starts becoming more finished I might decide to make it available as a standalone Zilmar-spec plugin too. Right now it's exclusive to the libretro port and baked in with it.
    Last edited by squarepusher2; February 5th, 2014 at 19:26.

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Whatever, I like standard bilinear filtering anyway

One question, is this texture filtering algorithm integrated in Glide64 itself (in Glide API) or in the wrapper?

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fanatic 64 View Post
    Whatever, I like standard bilinear filtering anyway

One question, is this texture filtering algorithm integrated in Glide64 itself (in Glide API) or in the wrapper?
    Glide64 is a rasterizer that is mostly CPU-bound. It is not really all that much different from the implementation of the RDP found in CEN64/MESS really - just more inaccurate (but it can be fixed I believe).

All the Glide part is used for is texture generation/sampling, vertice processing and final output image generation - and some other stuff that I'm not mentioning right now.

Anyway, I have nearly rewritten Glide64 entirely so that it is more maintainable - and I don't care about supporting 3Dfx Voodoo cards that nobody has or uses anymore - so I have taken liberties with the 'wrapper' part. Don't expect the 3-sample code changes to be easily portable to any existing plugin out so far. It's GLSL too so it would need to be a GL plugin - D3D need not apply.

Plugin Developer (GlideN64) Gonetz's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Am I right that author of the original algorithm is ArthurCarvalho and author of GLSL implementation in mupen64plus-libretro is twinaphex ?

And the question regarding the GLSL implementation:
    for each read texel the following manipulation is applied:

c = vec4(c.rgb*c.a, c.a);

Why? That makes the algorithm not applicable to textures with zero alpha.
    Last edited by Gonetz; March 5th, 2015 at 17:06.
    Sorry for terrible English, my native language is C++

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12