What's new

No sound, netplay, gdrCHD or dx11 plugins

Facepalm

So i'm on a fresh copy of windows 7. I copied over my demul folder which worked great on here before. But now whenever I load up demul, it seems like half of the plugins are not showing up. I tried a fresh copy to make sure it wasn't just my folder, but its the same thing. I'm guessing I don't have something I need installed, but I got Direct x and Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable so I'm not sure what I could be missing. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

ABACABB

I remember something like this happening to me about 2 years ago when trying to upgrade to a different version of demul. Unfortunately I do not remeber how i fixed the problem. To the best of my recollection, I just uninstalled everything with demul and manually deleted all of its files thst I could find. Then started with a fresh install and did some tinkering there and finally got it working. Sorry this is not much help and I know it is frustrating. All I can say is just keep playing around with it and eventually you'll get it working

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
Are you absolutely sure that you have the latest DirectX runtimes installed?

lamouettasse

I just had the same problem. To fix it I tried typing gpuDX11.dll in demul.ini since the video plugin field was empty. Then trying to configure the video plugin wouldn't work, giving me an error message telling me that a dx9.dll was missing. So I tried to reinstall directX 11 and it did the trick, it works now. This fix comes late I know but maybe if it doesn't help you it will help others. Cheers guys!

immortalsoule

I just had the same problem. To fix it I tried typing gpuDX11.dll in demul.ini since the video plugin field was empty. Then trying to configure the video plugin wouldn't work, giving me an error message telling me that a dx9.dll was missing. So I tried to reinstall directX 11 and it did the trick, it works now. This fix comes late I know but maybe if it doesn't help you it will help others. Cheers guys!

Yeah but the problem with all of this is: You shouldn't have to go through all this mess.

Go back to older versions of Demul, the further you go back, the easier it finds the plugins. I know people are going to get ****** at me for saying this but be serious, it should not have to be THIS much of a hassle to make the most basic functions work. I get the whole bug issue thing, but locating files? C'mon....

I've been seeing all these posts about "reinstall" Demul. Reinstall? How? It unpacks to an executable. The best you can do is delete the config files or maybe wipe the registry listings with something like CCleaner. Also, i've seen posts about "reinstall" DirectX or C++ Libraries.....again, WHY? You don't have to do it with the majority of the other emulators.

Final answer, the problem is within the programming of the emulator.

I'll probably get raked over the coals for saying it or thrown out but being right about something does come with a price sometimes.

I will give a hint however: There really DOES need to be an "installer" that installs necessary files and cleans up certain activities so the end-user doesn't have to go to any of this work. It should also include an "uninstaller" that cleans up the mess before a new install is put in.

Last edited:

V1del

you make no sense, the majority of emulators also aren't regularily updated or are built with old toolchains, both of which should ideally be avoided which means that you have to do a small amount of work to make sure you have the newest stuff. That said given a new enough version of windows you won't have to install DirectX10+ seperately anymore, but installing the older version using the directx web runtime is something you should do anyway regardless of emulator/game you want to play (and distributing that, in an emulation project no less may a) be against the TOS of the DX installer b) blow up the installer's size for no reason)

That said this thread is literally 2 years (3 if you don't count the earlier bump) old, I doubt he still cares.

immortalsoule

you make no sense, the majority of emulators also aren't regularily updated or are built with old toolchains, both of which should ideally be avoided which means that you have to do a small amount of work to make sure you have the newest stuff. That said given a new enough version of windows you won't have to install DirectX10+ seperately anymore, but installing the older version using the directx web runtime is something you should do anyway regardless of emulator/game you want to play (and distributing that, in an emulation project no less may a) be against the TOS of the DX installer b) blow up the installer's size for no reason)

That said this thread is literally 2 years (3 if you don't count the earlier bump) old, I doubt he still cares.

Yet you had to say something.....how predictable. LOL. I make no sense because i offer a solution to the problem, not someone just wanting to throw in a comment like yourself...And i make no sense? Blow up the size? Ever heard of download links for individual installs....LOL...YOU are horribly funny!

I'm outta here :p

Clements

I currently have installed C++ runtimes for 2005, 2008, 2010, 2012 and 2013 (for both x86 and x64). I have all the .NET frameworks installed. I also make sure I run the DirectX web installer on every one of my PCs. Generally, this is sufficient to get everything running. For Demul, I didn't need to do anything special to get it to run other than configuring the plugins on my first use.

Tutorials on Youtube exist for configuring the emulator, as the FAQs are generally in Russian.