What's new

Rice Video Community version

Raging Atronach

I have no idea how easy or hard it would be to implement , but what about passing scene depth information on...this would allow us to use enb series' more advanced settings like SSAO and depth of field :D

F

Fanatic 64

Yeah, and the last it needs is additional junk to clutter it further just to support some crap like ENB Series.

Raging Atronach

hey, hey guys...I never said "this should be done immediately, top priority!"...I am aware that there are far more pressing issues with the plugin, however this was a feature I would like to see implemented at some point in the future...ya know, after the vast majority of problems have been fixed :)

SomePlayer

Hi. Good work on the plugin. I'm using it (0.1.4.1) to play Zelda OoT with the Community Retexture Pack V5.8 and with antialiasing and AF it looks absolutely fabulous.

Sadly, I noticed, that there seems to be an issue with the lense of truth, as it fails to do it's job with this plug in, it doesn't make things transparent as it should. I tried various settings without much luck. I tried Glide 64 Final, and that one does the job, but that one offers no Antialiasing.

So, my hope here is that you could tell me what setting is needed to make this work.. or if it's a bug with the plug in, that you'll take it onto your list of to-dos :)

Salutations here

F

Fanatic 64

Lens of Truth is currently not emulated in Rice Video. It may be in the future, but development of this plugin seems to have stalled (last change was over a month ago).

squall_leonhart

The Great Gunblade Wielder
Hi. Good work on the plugin. I'm using it (0.1.4.1) to play Zelda OoT with the Community Retexture Pack V5.8 and with antialiasing and AF it looks absolutely fabulous.

Sadly, I noticed, that there seems to be an issue with the lense of truth, as it fails to do it's job with this plug in, it doesn't make things transparent as it should. I tried various settings without much luck. I tried Glide 64 Final, and that one does the job, but that one offers no Antialiasing.

So, my hope here is that you could tell me what setting is needed to make this work.. or if it's a bug with the plug in, that you'll take it onto your list of to-dos :)

Salutations here

your video card does.

Naracaro

Intel Compiler Master Race

It seems there is a problem with using the Intel Parallel Studio XE 2013 compiler.
There are no compilation issues
However, once compiled, host emulation software (project 64, Mupen, 1964) can't detect that the .dll exists. (when the newly compiled .dll clearly exists)

Spoiler:
I compiled under the native Visual Studio 2010 compiler, and the .dll worked flawlessly, so no issues with how it's 'natively' compiled.
I'm guessing this issue is caused by the Intel compiler encoding an identifier in the .dll in a way that makes it non-decodable by host emulators.
Not sure if this is an easy fix or not, or if there is some option somewhere, but I would love to get this working. As the Intel compiler can use SSE4.0, 4.2, AVX, parralization and all the compiling goodies for the latest
Intel CPU's (which I have).

Specs:
Visual Studio Ultimate 2010 Update 1, all updates
Intel Parallel Studio XE 2013 Version 1.
CPU: Intel E3 1230 Xeon V2.

I can't post download links here for some reason from Dropbox or Mediafire, so guess we're all out of luck there :( .

squall_leonhart

The Great Gunblade Wielder
Its not like you are going to get 100fps more by compiling with ICC/IPS.

it really won't affect performance at all.... might screw colours up though.....

Naracaro

Its not like you are going to get 100fps more by compiling with ICC/IPS.

it really won't affect performance at all.... might screw colours up though.....

But there is a small ammount of performance boost in some areas, and theoretically a very large speedup in others. Also, universal support is a pretty good thing to have. If it seemed like a hard process, it wouldn't be worth asking, I know,
but seeing as the project compiles, but just isn't recognizable, I thought i'd ask to see if someone could look into it/had any idea what might fix it.

OP
death--droid

death--droid

Personally I have no real idea why on earth that would be happening, could always try compiling 1964 or another emulator with the compiler and see if the problems still exist.

hellsinq

Hi guys,
I'm not getting the plugin to work: Project64 says "Failed to load plugin: \...\RiceVideo.dll". I copied the newest file from the first page in the plugin subfolder. MS C++ 2010 Redistributable Package is installed. Do I need any other files to get the plugin to work? And where can I get these?

Thanks!

hellsinq

If you mean the Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Service Pack 1 Redistributable Package, I have it installed. Any other suggestions?

OP
death--droid

death--droid

Pushed a few more updates to the git hub to solve problems like with the vertex clipper that would oddly clip the vertexes causing textures to sometimes warp weirdly. (was pretty much uncommenting some code I had skipped over)

EDIT:

Uploaded new version, link is in first post and for convenience available right here, http://adf.ly/MOd80

Let me know of any regressions or improvements

Last edited:
F

Fanatic 64

Improvements: none.

Regressions:

(see attachment)

And many others.

Attachments

• SUPER MARIO 64-0.png
    SUPER MARIO 64-0.png
    242.7 KB · Views: 149
OP
death--droid

death--droid

XD Regression due to my changes to the vertex clipper. Something funky is going on with the Y coordinates in Super Mario 64 causing it to clip vertexes oddly
It's quite irratating as this fixes some serious clipping problems in games like Legend of zelda D:

Might just make it a temporary hack for zelda till I can get everything else fixed up

Last edited:
OP
death--droid

death--droid

New version uploaded, version 0.1.5.1 only real change since last one is to just force the vertex changes i made to only do them with Zelda OOT. The hack is only temporary till I can work out what on earth is going wrong with the vertexes.

Let me know of any improvements or regressions.

Link to download is available here http://adf.ly/MRVj4