What's new

Rice Video Community version

OP
death--droid

death--droid

i said i had the same problem,even after installing the MS C++ 2012 SP1 x86 Re-distributable Package. the only difference is i installed the x64 version.

You are required to install the x86 version even if your running on a x64 system, this is due to the DLL being built for x86

Cosmo_Kramer

Quote Originally Posted by Kintaroo
When I try to use Rice with the OOT High Res pack I always get this error
CN64System::EmulationStarting: Exception caught File: .\N64 System\N64 Class.cpp Line: 258

I figured out when this problem occurs for me.
If I have the Project64 setting that enables fullscreen on loading of a ROM, this crash occurs.
If I don't have it set, I can manually do the key combination to get it to fullscreen and it doesn't crash.

Any ideas why this is?

Thanks for your time.

Whitelink11

Technical question here :

I was wondering myself, if you used the latest Revision
Of the 1964video plugin, to build this new ricevideo plugin ???:naughty::lol:

F

Fanatic 64

This is a continuation of 1964Video under a different name.

F

Fanatic 64

Yes, it's from the latest revision of 1964 (although death--droid may have undone some things).

guadelupe

Hello everyone. I'm really excited about this project, since I plan to play Oot on Project64 with the Community Retexture pack. But I have some issues. My computer won't recognize the RiceVideo.dll.

Here's my setup:
Lenovo IdeaPad Z470
Windows 8 Pro 64-bit
intel i5 2.4GHz, 6GB RAM
intel HD Graphics 3000

-Project 64 version 2.1
-RiceVideo 0.2.2 (latest stable version? from the first page) it's located in C:\Program Files (x86)\Project64 2.1\Plugin\GFX
-Installed MS C++ 2010 Redistributable Package x86 SP1
-Have DirectX 11

I've read through this thread, and it seems like the main problem was that you needed Visual C++ 2012 SP1 x86 installed? But the previous links have all been to the x64 version. For the life of me, I have not been able to find a legit-looking source for the Visual C++ 2012 SP1 x86.

Also, is there a guide showing how to set-up RiceVideo and the Community Retexture pack? I've been looking around both threads, but I couldn't find a comprehensive one. If there isn't, I'd love to make one for the community, with nice pictures and everything.

Thanks in advance guys!

OP
death--droid

death--droid

Mendus is right about the SSE enabled, probably not a big enough performance increase to worry about having it enabled. Broken by my recent changes in the way lights are handled.

F

Fanatic 64

Realized something while trying to install Rice Video after formatting a while ago: The link for the MS C++ 2012 SP1 x86 Re-distributable Package now links to the x64 version, and the x86 version is nowhere to be found. After installing that, Rice Video does not show up in the plugin list. I guess you should upload the x86 redistributable.

OP
death--droid

death--droid

If you hit download on that link it should give you the choice to pick x64, or x86 or even ARM. You should pick x86
Ill probably upload it at some point

guadelupe

Oh cool! Thanks death--droid.
OK so I have the Visual C++ 2012 x86. My RiceVideo.dll is still in C:\Program Files (x86)\Project64 2.1\Plugin\GFX
But Project 64 still isn't recognizing it. Is there anything else I can try?