What's new

Rice Video Community version

F

Fanatic 64

Throwing some random bug here:

This shading is plain ugly. You can see all the rectangles that made up the sword. Jabo, Glide etc show it smooth, as it should be.

This bad shading affects all "glossy" items in the game as well as other games.

|
|
V

Attachments

• THE LEGEND OF ZELDA-0.png
    THE LEGEND OF ZELDA-0.png
    188.5 KB · Views: 705
OP
death--droid

death--droid

Hmmmm might have something to do with the fact our vertex shader doesnt even work at all -.-, I personally dont have any idea on how to fix it as of yet, but hopefully its something i solve as i go along.
After the new years I'll get back to doing more work on the plugin, going to change up the way we handle hires textures next I reckon.

F

Fanatic 64

San Fransisco Rush: Extreme Racing, crashes with C Core Interface.cpp at line 355 when starting a race, San Fransisco Rush 2049 also suffers that error occasionally (at random points) (it's a plugin issue, changing the video plugin to Jabo, Glide, etc solves the problem).

OP
death--droid

death--droid

That's rather odd, im going to take a random stab in the dark and guess your using Project64 1.7 and not Zilmars newer betas??
Ill have a look into the problems though.

F

Fanatic 64

That's rather odd, im going to take a random stab in the dark and guess your using Project64 1.7 and not Zilmars newer betas??
Ill have a look into the problems though.

Yes I'm using 1.7.0.50. But the problem also happens in Project64 1.6, with an APPCRASH in RiceVideo.dll.

(And as for why I'm not using PJ64 2.0, there are many reasons, mainly that it has some issues (specially with audio) and the work with my RDB requires I test it with it's respective version)

F

Fanatic 64

I've been testing the plugin with other emulators, and so far it works pretty nicely with 1964 r146 and Mupen64 0.5 (it also works with Mupen64Plus 1.3). Interestingly, the crash with San Fransisco Rush when starting a race doesn't occur in 1964 (haven't tried Mupen64), but video freezes randomly during the race (the game and audio keep running), and when I try to close the window, I get a message saying "Runtime Error! C:\Program Files (x86)\1964\1964.exe R6031 - Attempt to initialize the CRT more than once. This indicates a bug in your application", if it matters, I'm not using a cathode ray tube monitor.

Pretty unfortunate that the latest Mupen64Plus decided to drop the Zilmar specification (I really see no benefit at all from switching to their own plugin spec, but that's a matter for another thread).

OP
death--droid

death--droid

Hmmmm I'll have a look into it when i find the time to, probably some weird bug caused somewhere in the code thats really simple to fix

OP
death--droid

death--droid

New version now available at http://adf.ly/IUWOu

It's mainly changes to hires texture loading ported over from Rice Video Linux, the changes make Rice Video's loading work more like Glides, making it less strict and more compatible with dumped textures from Glide. The changes also allow textures extraced from the cache file for glide to load properly. These changes are thanks to ecsv's hard work!

I've also done some removal of no longer used things.

Please let me know of any regressions

EDIT:
Making some changes to the way 4bit textures are loaded by generating both the incorrect CRC and the correct CRC and comparing them.
However I have no 4bit texture thats dumped that has a different CRC when TMEM is on/off.

Last edited:

layzer253

Thanks for all your hard work, been using your plugin for awhile. I found this forum while searching why my ricevideo plugin would crash upon loading 1964 since I last updated. Turns out i needed to get the visual studio redist. You should include a readme that says we need for the newer versions!

OP
death--droid

death--droid

New test version, forcing full tmem, some more unused crap is removed. http://adf.ly/IphCv
need to know if theres any regressions or if there are any particular high-res textues that dont load

C

couplot

FYI large adress aware does nothing on dlls.
blogs.msdn.com/b/oldnewthing/archive/2010/09/22/10065933.aspx

OP
death--droid

death--droid

@Couplot read more into the thread/blog post you posted, there can be problems when an LAA aware executable loads in a non-LAA DLL

Inimitable

First off, I'd like to thank you for continuing development on this well after everyone else seems to have disappeared. Finding dead end threads from 2008 is just disheartening...

But I fear I have to be that guy because I've gone around in circles in 5-year-old threads so many times I can't take it anymore... I want to play OOT with some hi-res textures in 4:3 on a widescreen monitor. I can't use Glide or Glide-NapalmWX because they have display issues, I can't use jabo's because I can't for the life of me find a working texture pack download in that format (without paying $20 to access a forum I suspect has been dead for years anyway), and this is the most reliable version of Rice I can find. But it doesn't support forcing the correct aspect ratio!

So is there a way I can play fullscreen (with the lovely black pillars) in 4:3 with this plugin? Or do I need to just put up with the faults of another plugin?

And god help me for asking a question I know has been asked hundreds of times before, but there's no centralized source of development or information for this and it's quite difficult to keep track...

F

Fanatic 64

What is your screen resolution?

As a workaround, I set the resolution to 1024x768 (I have a 1366x768 monitor) and since my computer doesn't stretch it, I get full resolution 4:3 pillarboxed.

For 1920x1080, the 4:3 resolution would be 1440x1080.

Inimitable

My native res is 1920x1080, but when I set a 4:3 resolution (I tried 1400x1050, for example), the image stretches when I go fullscreen (and if I edit the RiceVideo.cfg file to specify 1440x1080, it crashes on load).

F

Fanatic 64

Then you're out of luck. Rice Video doesn't support anything other than stretching in fullscreen (unlike Jabo or Glide which support 4:3 pillarboxing), so you either play windowed or just conform with 4:3 stretched to 16:9.

Inimitable

Bummer. Thanks for the help.

Edit: found a workaround that will work well enough for now... Set the fullscreen res to 1400x1050, then used a setting in the Catalyst Control Center to force the aspect ratio back to 4:3. So it's being stretched from 4:3 to 16:9 and back to 4:3, ha... but it works. :)

Last edited:
OP
death--droid

death--droid

First off, I'd like to thank you for continuing development on this well after everyone else seems to have disappeared. Finding dead end threads from 2008 is just disheartening...

But I fear I have to be that guy because I've gone around in circles in 5-year-old threads so many times I can't take it anymore... I want to play OOT with some hi-res textures in 4:3 on a widescreen monitor. I can't use Glide or Glide-NapalmWX because they have display issues, I can't use jabo's because I can't for the life of me find a working texture pack download in that format (without paying $20 to access a forum I suspect has been dead for years anyway), and this is the most reliable version of Rice I can find. But it doesn't support forcing the correct aspect ratio!

So is there a way I can play fullscreen (with the lovely black pillars) in 4:3 with this plugin? Or do I need to just put up with the faults of another plugin?

And god help me for asking a question I know has been asked hundreds of times before, but there's no centralized source of development or information for this and it's quite difficult to keep track...

Hmmm, I might actually work on getting 4:3 pillarboxing implemented into RiceVideo sometime.