What's new

Rice Video Community version

OP
death--droid

death--droid

XD Getting a huge lack of feedback now D:
Haven't really done much changes over the past few days, but ill upload a new version of what ive done so far since ive made some fairly big changes and need to make sure they dont break anything.

F

Fanatic 64

I've noticed this plugin causes some audio channels to be missing in some games. So far I have experienced this issue in Pilotwings 64 and Tom and Jerry in Fists of Furry.

Also the only way to bring audio back is to change the plugin AND restart Project64 (not the game).

Last edited:
OP
death--droid

death--droid

I will give feedback this week-end, my work kept me a little busy this week, sorry about that. :doh:
Its all good XD
I've noticed this plugin causes some audio channels to be missing in some games. So far I have experienced this issue in Pilotwings 64 and Tom and Jerry in Fists of Furry.

Also the only way to bring audio back is to change the plugin AND restart Project64 (not the game).
Whaaa really??, what audio plugin are you using, might be directX itself more than anything.

F

Fanatic 64

Whaaa really??, what audio plugin are you using, might be directX itself more than anything.

The problem happens with all versions of Rice Video (Rice Daedalus, Mudlord's Rice, 1964Video, your Rice Video, etc) with all audio (and RSP) plugins, I don't think my DirectX is faulty since it works fine with everything else (trough I'll test with another computer if I have a chance).

EDIT: The problem seems to fix using Hacktarux/Azimer hle rsp plugin, trough I'll rather use Project64's default plugin.

Last edited:
OP
death--droid

death--droid

The problem isn't with your copy of DirectX, its DirectX in general, I can't remember the exact details of the problem off the top of my head, Squall or someone might remember. I'm pretty sure theres little/nothing i can do about it without modifying the sound plugin your using sorry.

OP
death--droid

death--droid

New version: Changed around parts of the code a fair bit, their are likely to be no real functional changes, there was some changes in the way vertexes are handled for Goldeneye 64(if i remember right off the top of my head) so thats the main game to check for now, please check as many games as you can though, I did re-enable a bit of code that was previously commented out since it apparently didn't work on OpenGL, so if any games have an odd side effect of my current release please post here with details XD

Download Link: http://adf.ly/E5jpv

DETOMINE

Config : PJ64 1.6.1/Azimer 0.56/Nrage 2.3c/RiceVideo 0.1.3

Please note that the game were not fully tested

Diddy Kong Racing :
no problem?
Works fine

Donkey Kong 64 :
some effect missing (zipper effect in the beginning for example)
Works fine

Zelda MM :
no problem?
Works fine

Zelda OOT (E) 1.1 :
NNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Black Screen, but audio is working
No problem with Glide, Jabo...

Zelda OOT Master Quest (E) :
Working (0_0 ?)
I don't understand why this one works and not the above, it is basically the same game!

Mario Tennis :
Too many glitches to list ( :( ) but the menus are mostly correct (except the "star effect" around the player).
The game is somewhat playable, but it lacks special balls (purple, blue, etc), some of the background is missing, weird artefacts, etc...

Super Mario 64 :
So far so good, but the player info (life, coins, stars...) is too, hum, sharp (compared to glide for example)

Mario kart 64 :
No problem. Anyone know how to properly set the frame buffer for this game (there is a framebuffer effect in the circuit of Luigi)?

Rayman 2 :
Everything seems to be good
The transitional effect is missing (framebuffer related?)

If you want me to test specific aspects of some of the games I have, feel free to ask.

F

Fanatic 64

Config : PJ64 1.6.1/Azimer 0.56/Nrage 2.3c/RiceVideo 0.1.3

Please note that the game were not fully tested

Diddy Kong Racing :
no problem?
Works fine

Donkey Kong 64 :
Works fine

Zelda MM :
no problem?
Works fine

Zelda OOT (E) 1.1 :
NNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Zelda OOT Master Quest (E) :
Working (0_0 ?)
I don't understand why this one works and not the above, it is basically the same game!

Mario Tennis :
Too many glitches to list ( :( ) but the menus are mostly correct (except the "star effect" around the player).
The game is somewhat playable, but it lacks special balls (purple, blue, etc), some of the background is missing, weird artefacts, etc...

Super Mario 64 :
So far so good, but the player info (life, coins, stars...) is too, hum, sharp (compared to glide for example)

Mario kart 64 :
No problem. Anyone know how to properly set the frame buffer for this game (there is a framebuffer effect in the circuit of Luigi)?

Rayman 2 :

If you want me to test specific aspects of some of the games I have, feel free to ask.

Ocarina of Time (E) (V1.1) works fine for me. Try playing around with the plugin settings (disable AA and AF, etc).

As for Mario Kart 64, you need to set the framebuffer in "Write Back Every Frame", trough it can be really slow.

OP
death--droid

death--droid

Mario kart 64 :

Rayman 2 :

Donkey Kong 64 :
Works fine
These are all framebuffer related problems.

Zelda OOT (E) 1.1 :
NNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOT should work fine from my testing O_O, can you please post your settings?

Super Mario 64 :
Try enabling a texture filter, if you haven't got AA enabled or any other effects enabled it should be loading the images in as they are on the actual console

F

Fanatic 64

Try enabling a texture filter, if you haven't got AA enabled or any other effects enabled it should be loading the images in as they are on the actual console

Actually the N64 filters those indicators with nearest-neighbor filtering, while Rice Video filters them with bilinear filtering (wrong filter detection?).

OP
death--droid

death--droid

Hmmmm, I'm fairly certain that the filter detection is fine, unless however, if you have mipmaps enable, try running the game without mipmaps enabled. Bilinear should produce a much smoother result then nearest-neighbour filtering anyway XD

F

Fanatic 64

Hmmmm, I'm fairly certain that the filter detection is fine, unless however, if you have mipmaps enable, try running the game without mipmaps enabled. Bilinear should produce a much smoother result then nearest-neighbour filtering anyway XD

Mipmappping is disabled. Compare the indicators with glN64 for example, also take a look at this video:

I know it's a ROM hack, but it shows how the indicators look like in the N64.

And I usually force bilinear filtering anyway, but I trough it would be ideal to have an accurate filter detection.

OP
death--droid

death--droid

Hmmm ill take a look at the code and compare it against my copy of super mario 64 on my nintendo64 to double check the proper look of it. Hopefuly its a relatively simple thing to fix up

EDIT: Does the same graphical effect occur with older versions of RiceVideo (Want to see if it's a thing ive caused or an existing thing with Rice Video)

Last edited:
OP
death--droid

death--droid

Pushed a change to the GIT repo, just removing more stuff, for those interested heres the changelog
Remove 16 bit versions of texture filters to help clean up the code since from my tests they were never being called in the first place
Remove the HQ4X filter, it doesn't really produce that much of a cleaner/better image then hq2x

F

Fanatic 64

Does the same graphical effect occur with older versions of RiceVideo (Want to see if it's a thing ive caused or an existing thing with Rice Video)

Yes, all versions of Rice Video use bilinear filtering for those textures.

DETOMINE

OOT should work fine from my testing O_O, can you please post your settings?
Default settings (PJ64 1.6.1/Azimer 0.56 audio/nrage 2.3b/latest unofficial rsp)
Everything works well with all of my others video plugins (glide/old rice/jabo...) and I don't understand why Master Quest works.
Must be something wrong with my config, I will check this week-end, don't worry about it.