What's new

Rice Video Community version

weinerschnitzel

Surreal64 Nut
I see you're getting ready to switch over to Daedalus' vertex handling. Their vertex clipper has the added bonus of handling near plane clipping correctly. Granted Rice Video uses DX software vertex handling to emulate this, and mupen64plus-ricevideo uses a hack that also translates the master sword awkwardly. Hopefully this change will eliminate the need for these. In my case, I use the hack because the poor old Xbox doesn't support software vertex handling by DirectX.

I don't think Salvy mentioned it, but I recall a post by Kreationz stating that they got LLE draw triangles working. That and the 2 way texture cache really caught my eye.

OP
death--droid

death--droid

Hopefully be able to get it all done sooner rather than later :), need to tackle the colour handling that is used in Daedulus. (Also moved over to the Daedulus matrix handling but need to find out why Conkers is now completely stuffed.)
And yeah I'm hoping as well that it will help clean up and reduce the need for so many hacks like we are doing now.

Hmmmm, I'll have to take a look through the code at some point and find out about LLE. Yeah, texture cache is probably the next thing i might have a shot at. Porting these are actually hair pulling sometimes as there is some very odd handling of things in Rice Video, like the whole InitVertex stuff seems extremely messy and texture coordinate code seems so fluffed out.

Had to wipe my hard drive the other night due to some weird problem i was having where Windows was instantly using all 16gb of my RAM on startup. So development is paused for the day while i re download Visual Studio and GIT

OP
death--droid

death--droid

Rather than continual work on my DX9 version of this plugin, I have been contemplating scrapping everything and starting a new plugin based on Daedulus but running DX11. Will allow me to start clean, learn more in the progress and hopefully produce a much more cleaner and stable plugin.

Narann

Graphic programming enthusiast
Hahaha! :D

I wont blame you! I often wanted to leave Rice and start a new one. I 100% agree with you about the messy way some stuff is handled (textures, InitVertex, etc...). And from the GPU side, the code is so fixed pipeline designed than any try to refactor something immediately break something else. :'(

There is a point where you know enough on the N64 to start something new. I'm often seduce to do so lol.

Good luck for your future work!

laz2727

Just got a crash with Paper Mario U at the end of "Rising castle" cutscene in the prologue. PM is known to have a lot of troubles with plugins, though.

Narann

Graphic programming enthusiast
Please please could you provide me the savestate? Paper Mario have a lot of crash points and any savestate is welcome. :)

EDIT: And the rom MD5.

laz2727

Please please could you provide me the savestate? Paper Mario have a lot of crash points and any savestate is welcome. :)

EDIT: And the rom MD5.

rghost.net/60477159 <= Saves. 0 is right before and 1 is right after.

md5 is 34D96F2B1106017FB5D2355638C83150, i think.

Other plugins work, but glitch like always.

F

Fanatic 64

What error message do you get?

And none of the known Paper Mario ROMs match that MD5. When you run the game what is the full text in the Project64 title bar (in windowed mode)?

laz2727

Nothing. The game keeps "running" at 8k fps.
Paper Mario (U). It's from "a Rom site."

Last edited by a moderator:

SedrynTyros

I hope you'll forgive me if this has already been mentioned here; I read some of the past threads but there's 40 pages of them, lol!

I'm using the plugin in Project64 2.1.0.1 on Windows 8.1 with a Nvidia GeForce GTX970. It looks like Pillarboxed fullscreen scaling truncates the left are right edges of the video image. Windowed mode looks fine.

EDIT:

Using RiceVideo v0.4.4 linked on page 1 of this thread.

Last edited: