Page 2 of 42 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    There are a lot of people that would be interested in a Glide64 Direct3D port. I think ports of Glide64 in Direct3D and OpenGL would be the best way to get things going with video plugin work. The Glide API seemed like it became a deterrent for other people to work on it. Or it could be the whole reversing RSP ucodes bit. :p A more recent API would attract more devs though.

The latest changes for Rice seem to have gotten SOTE working well on the XBOX. I'm giving the XBOX side an overhaul. I don't know who wrote the original XBOX code for Rice 6, and the most stable XBOX port is that of Rice 5.60. Quite a lot has changed since then. I've got some XBOX specific changes that were excluded from the XBOX port of Rice 6, and some vertex handling changes too. Lots to sort through.

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by death--droid View Post
    And on a side note, Dolphin doesn't handle n64 emulation in any way, if it does work it would be due to the "virtual console" or whatever the feature is called that the Wii has to play some older games.
    I am confused now . There must be a N64 emulator (even if it is for the wii) somewhere don't you think?
    Oh wait, is it in the wad file? So the wad file is the rom and the n64 emulator?

edit : I am way off topic sorry about that :s
    Last edited by DETOMINE; October 10th, 2012 at 18:09.

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Well, I've never dared to ask this but, now that you are fixing and improving the plugin, what about, well... fixing texturing with Intel HD Graphics? (I think it has to do with "SetViewPoint failed", but I don't know...). Glide64 (and the OpenGL option of Rice, through it is very buggy) work fine.

AND before you tell me "Get a real video card", I purchased this laptop because it wasn't my plan to play cutting-edge games at top detail, but to both being able to work fine and play a couple of classics of mine (like NFS: MW (2005) and AoE 2), and likely Nintendo 64 games. UNFORTUNATELY I didn't know I would get this glitch (I mean, it isn't like one of the first Intel GMA chips, I supposed it would be decent enough to play a N64 emulator just fine (it can even run NFSC (2006) at top detail)).

By the way, about the Dolphin thing, Dolphin does not contain a N64 emulator, but rather it emulates a emulator created by Nintendo itself (basically a emulator inside a emulator) for the Virtual Console.
    Last edited by Fanatic 64; October 10th, 2012 at 22:38.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Well, I've never dared to ask this but, now that you are fixing and improving the plugin, what about, well... fixing texturing with Intel HD Graphics? (I think it has to do with "SetViewPoint failed", but I don't know...). Glide64 (and the OpenGL option of Rice, through it is very buggy) work fine.
    I would give it a shot, but I don't have any access to a computer using Intel HD Graphics so attempting to fix it would prove a lengthy process, however I shall look into it tonight and see if theres anything that sticks out. After all anti aliasing was broken by the simple setting of a flag that cant be used when anti aliasing is enabled
    If you appreciate any of my work, please consider donating
    Donate via paypal

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    On another not, im considering removing some of the texture filters that we have available (Removal of LQ2X, LQ2xS. Sharpen, Sharpen more, 2x)
    Donate via paypal

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    What would be the point in that? If they don't hurt anything then why remove them?
    "The question isn't can it be done, but are you willing to do it." - Me

Check out my vids!
    _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
    Drug Free For Life: 98% of the teenage population has
    tried drugs at least once. If you are one of the 2%
    who hasn't, copy and paste this into your signature.
    _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Cleaner code, and a lot less more things for problems to stem from(Another reason why I've forced some features to now always be on), there already been removed in my latest GIT commit. And there's no real point in leaving stuff in that is probably barely used. HQ2X and HQ4X are the more popular used ones in most cases.
    Last edited by death--droid; October 11th, 2012 at 16:49.
    Donate via paypal

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I can do testing with Intel HD Graphics. You can send me the "fixed" builds and I can check if they work.

Also for example, glN64 and Direct64 display textures fine. You can check the source code and see if there's something interesting.

By the way, I think you could scrap the X2, LQ2X, LQ2xS, Sharpen and Sharpen More filters. Most people use the 2xSaI, HQ2X and HQ4X filters (I like 2xSaI).
    Last edited by Fanatic 64; October 11th, 2012 at 22:11.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fanatic 64 View Post
    I can do testing with Intel HD Graphics. You can send me the "fixed" builds and I can check if they work.

Also for example, glN64 and Direct64 display textures fine. You can check the source code and see if there's something interesting.

By the way, I think you could scrap the X2, LQ2X, LQ2xS, Sharpen and Sharpen More filters. Most people use the 2xSaI, HQ2X and HQ4X filters (I like 2xSaI).
    Its moe just for debugging it would be nice to have them for, can you upload some screenshots of whats going wrong, would help point me in the right direction.
    Yeah thats what I was thinking, and have now removed them in my latest push to the github repo. I might upload a test build later tonight with what I've done, people just have to ignore the tad messy UI since ive removed things without reordering it at the moment.
    Donate via paypal

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I'm having problems getting pics uploaded. I'll post as soon as I can upload them.

EDIT: Here are the pics, along with a couple of AVIs showing texture animation problems: http://www.mediafire.com/?ijaat55ba1jvch3.
    Last edited by Fanatic 64; October 12th, 2012 at 02:51. Reason: Added pics

Page 2 of 42 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast