What's new

Rice Video Community version

toastrider

I really like this plugin, but when I play super mario 64, mario is almost black on the stable version, and purple on the experimental version. Is there an option to fix the colors/lighting? thanks.

F

Fanatic 64

I really like this plugin, but when I play super mario 64, mario is almost black on the stable version, and purple on the experimental version. Is there an option to fix the colors/lighting? thanks.
1. What is your processor and graphics card?
2. Have you changed the settings from the defaults?

toastrider

im on a dell inspiron laptop,

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4500U CPU 1.80GHz
and some integrated intel graphics card.

Jabos plugin doesnt seem to render marios shadow, while glide64 has a slight input delay it seems. It would be great if i could get this plugin to display the correct colors. thanks

edit: i use jabos plugin on my desktop and it renders everything perfectly, but on my laptop the colors are slightly lighter and sometimes there is no shadow. if anyone knows how to fix jabos plugin it would be great at well :)

F

Fanatic 64

Which model of Intel graphics exactly? Based on the processor I would assume it's a Intel HD Graphics 3000, which should work fine. However if you have an older model without Pixel Shaders it won't work.

There's no way to fix Jabo as far as I know.

You could also try glN64.

EDIT: Unfortunately, I'm "able" to replicate this issue no matter what. It seems the latest version is broken.

Last edited:
OP
death--droid

death--droid

My whole DX11 idea has fallen flat for now(Just seem to never have the time to get started on it at the moment seeing as I started work again last week)
So ill most likely continue work on the current version of Rice Video when i have some spare time.

The problem sounds more like a setting misconfiguration than anything. I might have a spare few minutes tonight so I'll check it out then.

Dekki64

I've been messing around with the settings on the experimental rice video version. From what I've been able to gather, there are a few bugs that I've noticed.
-When in Pillarbox mode, the game still appears as though it is stretched, only with black bars.
-The plugin has SSE mode on by default, which doesn't seem to work too well in the games I've tried.
-When in extend mode, the picture still appears stretched, only with the field of view going slightly more to the right. This may connect with the pillarbox mode not conforming to 4:3.

I would suggest that you find a way to fix the field of view on pillarbox, and apply that to extend in order to get the image to display properly.

Keep up the good work!

OP
death--droid

death--droid

-When in Pillarbox mode, the game still appears as though it is stretched, only with black bars.
That's exactly what pillarboxing is, it will still stretch but it will only stretch in a 4:3 ratio.

F

Fanatic 64

The latest version has some serious color (shading?) issues. These are evident in any game. No settings have been changed from previous versions.

Attachments

• RiceVideo2.2Mario.png
    RiceVideo2.2Mario.png
    514.4 KB · Views: 704

weinerschnitzel

Surreal64 Nut
I've been working on the XBOX side again. I've fixed the vertex clipping and missing textures by merging a lot of the back-end with old Rice 5.60. I've also adopted the new ucode structure like on deathdroid's repository. I need to find a fix for the eye of truth in LoZ, it might be fog related but we'll see. I plan to send it back once I have it all cleaned up. It might fix a couple edge cases for some video cards.

I remember having a similar lighting issue a couple days ago. You can try switching LightVert() with LightVertNew() as well as the SSE versions.

Last edited:

Cosmo_Kramer

Hello,
On the latest stable PJ64 and Rice Plugin, I get this error when loading the OOT Community textures:
Capture.png

Any ideas?

Thanks for your time.

Edit: this only happens when Caching is enabled.

Last edited:

Cosmo_Kramer

Hello,
Every computer I have tried with Rice, I haven't been able to use the PJ64 setting on loading ROM set to full screen.
It always errors out.

Any ideas?

Thanks for your time.

OP
death--droid

death--droid

Hello,
Every computer I have tried with Rice, I haven't been able to use the PJ64 setting on loading ROM set to full screen.
It always errors out.

Any ideas?

Thanks for your time.

What's the error??

Playing around with texture caching a bit more, going to test something else later on in the week. Removed a bunch of half baked changes i made.

WhiteKnight17

Hello
I Found a new bug.

Since I am on Windows 8.1, Project64 emulator can't find the latest version of your plugin!!!

( earlier versions of the plugin, are working )

In the settings window of PJ64, in any version of PJ64 ( and i've tried visual c++ x86 2010 already )

Last edited:

NES_player4LIFE

Texture Pack Invader
HELLO

I FOUND A NEW BUG

SINCE I AM ON WINDOWS 8.1 PROJECT 64 EMULATOR CANT FIND THE LATEST VERSION OF YOUR PLUGIN!!!

( earlier versions are working )

IN SETTING WINDOW OF PJ64, ANY VERSION OF PJ64 ( and i've tried visual c++ x86 2010 already )
Please refrain from posting in ALL CAPS.
This is a rule that you agreed to when you signed in.