What's new

Rice Video Community version

OP
death--droid

death--droid

@Whitelink ill look into those after ive done merging of Daedulus's improvements. Been busy lately.

@SwooshyCueb I re-aimed the plugin to be a directX only plugin,for two reasons
1) the directX side was more complete and I hate dealing with OpenGL;
2) Simplification of the code.
There is Rice Video Linux for OpenGL after all and that has a much more complete implementation of it.

Whitelink11

I think you're plugin is pretty clean.
could you give me ONE ONLY, example of what you need to merge, as an improvement from daedalus ???
And are they going to be the same plugin if you port all the same thing from daedalus ??

I would like to know, i found that really interesting.

EDIT :

I found a new bug in zelda ocarina of time, the night to day transition, its not loading the sky texture.

and dont forget my other bugs i wrote in post ; 196 and 220

Also im sure this is an really old bug but i am wondering why its not fixed, when you press start and load the menu, the graphics are not showed corectly, its all screwed up

I wrote it already in my other bugs post's, but i tell you again, need a quick fix for fullscreen loading savestate.

If you can fix all these bugs its gonna be a triomphe plugin XD

Last edited:
OP
death--droid

death--droid

I think you're plugin is pretty clean.
The code isn't
could you give me ONE ONLY, example of what you need to merge, as an improvement from daedalus ???
Salvy already pointed out an improvement
And are they going to be the same plugin if you port all the same thing from daedalus ??
No

I found a new bug in zelda ocarina of time, the night to day transition, its not loading the sky texture.
They load fine on my side
and dont forget my other bugs i wrote in post ; 196 and 220
Been busy with other things
Also im sure this is an really old bug but i am wondering why its not fixed, when you press start and load the menu, the graphics are not showed corectly, its all screwed up
Framebuffer issue, not easy to fix

Whitelink11

Cool, i was wondering on what platform are you using to make the textures load fine ? about the night to day transition. in zelda, like i just wrote in my previous post.

Maybe its not working only because i am on windows 8 platform. maybe i would have beter result on win xp

edit:
one more question, do i need directx 9.0c or directx10 instalation

edit: found new bug in mario kart 64 with no matter the setting's, in dk jungle race 150cc, the course is just playing very
glitchy.

In project 64 1.7 and 1.6

FIX, THE BUG IS ONLY FOR ME I THINK, WHEN I GO IN FULLSCREEN MODE, I THINK ITS A DIRECTX ERROR BUT I DONT KNOW HOW TO FIX IT!!! I DOWNLOADED LATEST VERSION OF DIRECTX 9.0C ANY IDEA ????

ANY IDEA ANSWER ME!!!

Last edited:
OP
death--droid

death--droid

Cool, i was wondering on what platform are you using to make the textures load fine ? about the night to day transition. in zelda, like i just wrote in my previous post.
Windows 7, everything should work fine in Windows 8, try deleting cache.ini in the texture pack directory and reloaded.

one more question, do i need directx 9.0c or directx10 instalation
They all run off the same redistributable, you just need the latest DirectX redistrib.

found new bug in mario kart 64 with no matter the setting's, in dk jungle race 150cc, the course is just playing very
glitchy.

In project 64 1.7 and 1.6
Ill look into it later

FIX, THE BUG IS ONLY FOR ME I THINK, WHEN I GO IN FULLSCREEN MODE, I THINK ITS A DIRECTX ERROR BUT I DONT KNOW HOW TO FIX IT!!! I DOWNLOADED LATEST VERSION OF DIRECTX 9.0C ANY IDEA ????
Not sure what your on about here

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

vc2.png

Well kind of got lens of truth to work besides the huge graphical glitch and, ignoring the fact that it crashes the Video drivers a few mere secconds later.

Last edited:
F

Fanatic 64

That looks good, although I wouldn't recommend adding that to a release if it may crash people's computers.

Speaking about Zelda, I found something interesting while testing Majora's Mask for the INI I'm making (yes I'm making an INI for Rice Video, an awful lot of work to go still): motion blur can work on Rice Video, but it requires framebuffer emulation to be set to "Write Back Every Frame" (also, if you set Render-to-Texture to "Write Back & Reload", the quality of the motion blur increases), so it runs extremely slow (I guess we need to find a better way to emulate the framebuffer rather than "Brute Force").

Whitelink11

That's a nice information , fanatic 64

And droid, i was previously asking for the right directx version to use, because i think my fullscreen setting bug because of that. simple as that.

i am using directx 9.0c, anyway its cool.

Please fix fullscreen loading savestate ( no crash ), its a noob bug.

Last edited:
OP
death--droid

death--droid

That looks good, although I wouldn't recommend adding that to a release if it may crash people's computers.
haha yeah definitely didn't plan on.

Speaking about Zelda, I found something interesting while testing Majora's Mask for the INI I'm making (yes I'm making an INI for Rice Video, an awful lot of work to go still): motion blur can work on Rice Video, but it requires framebuffer emulation to be set to "Write Back Every Frame" (also, if you set Render-to-Texture to "Write Back & Reload", the quality of the motion blur increases), so it runs extremely slow (I guess we need to find a better way to emulate the framebuffer rather than "Brute Force").
It's left off by default for the simple fact its painstakingly slow and not really ready for actual general usage.

And droid, i was previously asking for the right directx version to use, because i think my fullscreen setting bug because of that. simple as that.
XD Quite simply it doesn't matter, the plugin itself dictates the version of DirectX it wants to run, in this case Rice Video is built around DirectX 9 so it will only ever run or try to run is DirectX 9 no matter what you do.

Please fix fullscreen loading savestate ( no crash ), its a noob bug.
I'm working on other things at the moment, please don't continually bother me about it, its not going to make me get to it any faster.
EDIT: For some odd reason DirectX isn't been re-initialized on save states when in fullscreen, the problem will effect anyone using my versions. As i said before, will look into it when i get around to it.

Last edited:

Whitelink11

I fixed my Mario Kart 64 fullscreen problem on Windows 8 platform, about 5 min ago

I found in game config, I changed 4 MB memory size to 8 MB, and I think that've done it.

And I changed also counter factor from 2 to 1.
and also misc i unchecked tlb option, which is not necessary with modern PC.

Last edited by a moderator:
F

Fanatic 64

and also misc i unchecked tlb option, which is not necessary with modern PC.
TLB is necessary on a per-game basis (Mario Kart 64 may crash with it off). Advanced Block Linking (ABL) is not necessary with modern PCs (and in fact I recommend disabling it since it makes most games prone to crash).

OP
death--droid

death--droid

For now FSAA is all that where going to have till I get around to cleaning up the DirectX implementation some more.

F

Fanatic 64

If you are ever going to replace Multisample Anti-Aliasing (MSAA, what Rice Video currently uses), you should go for Enhanced Subpixel Morphological Antialiasing (SMAA), which is basically a (much) superior Fast Approximate Anti-Aliasing (FXAA).

Also, I think you can do Framebuffer Emulation even with FXAA/SMAA.

OP
death--droid

death--droid

Yeah was reading up on SMAA last night actually.

And yes your right it is possible to do framebuffer emulation even with SMAA/FXAA turned on. On the other hand MSAA will not work with it.

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
Something seems to be off with interrupts.

I was running Quest 64 the other day and noticed some missing audio(!?) during the intro sequence. The intro plays when you leave the thing running without pressing any buttons.

The configuration used was vanilla PJ64 v1.6 minus the video plugin.

The problem doesn't happen with Glide 64 final, nor with the default PJ64 video plugin.

Missing sounds cause of video plugin points to something irq related, but I can't really tell where's the problem.

Last edited:
F

Fanatic 64

Something seems to be off with interrupts.

I was running Quest 64 the other day and noticed some missing audio(!?) during the intro sequence. The intro plays when you leave the thing running without pressing any buttons.

The configuration used was vanilla PJ64 v1.6 minus the video plugin.

The problem doesn't happen with Glide 64 final, nor with the default PJ64 video plugin.

Missing sounds cause of video plugin points to something irq related, but I can't really tell where's the problem.
Known issue. I'm gonna save some typing to death--droid here.
The problem isn't with your copy of DirectX, its DirectX in general, I can't remember the exact details of the problem off the top of my head, Squall or someone might remember. I'm pretty sure theres little/nothing i can do about it without modifying the sound plugin your using sorry.
You can fix it by using Hacktarux/Azimer HLE RSP Plugin (included in Mupen64 0.5, works with Project64), otherwise this is a CLOSED WONTFIX issue, in Bugzilla terms.

Last edited:

Jabroni

Are there any files required besides the .dll for this plugin to work? I'm trying to use (community or not, any version of) Rice with PJ64, but can't get it to appear in the plugins menu alongside different Jabo and Glide versions.