What's new

Rice Video Community version

phly95

Dont forget the Zelda bug, Droid. look the post #196 , above.

Thank you, it worked, its reloading all textures . :D

Damn even after reloading it crashed.

But what i have done to fix it, is to simply delete the whole folder. and re extract the new folder from the .zip file.

Think i found why it keep rebugging for me, its because my windows 8 create thumbs.db file. that's the problem.

yeah, I have that problem too on w8.

OP
death--droid

death--droid

Dont forget the Zelda bug, Droid. look the post #196 , above.
Ill try not to XD

Think i found why it keep rebugging for me, its because my windows 8 create thumbs.db file. that's the problem.
All windows operating systems create the thumbs.db file, its the cache for all those little thumbnails you see.

We should in essence actually rewrite our search function to only pickup .png's and .bmp rather than finding every single file and checking if there a png or not.

EDIT
ignore this
Code:
if( libaa.cFileName[0] == '.' || _stricmp(right(libaa.cFileName,3) != ".png"
                              || _stricmp(right(libaa.cFileName,3) != ".bmp")

Last edited:

Whitelink11

Weird thought i cant find the file, but its loading it. anyway
Even with the option to show all file even the hiden ones.
Its not working anymore with 6.1.9 aristotle. to load hi res textures.
Definatly a problem with thumbs.db
And i cannot find the file, i also tried to stop creating new thumbs file but its not deleting the older thumbs.db
make me a --------------------> C core Interface .cpp error crash. Line 355
Anyway for next version, the problem for me on WINDOWS 8 seems all about thumbs.db <--------------
zomg i found it after a couples of days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! its stuck on my desktop but its invisible!!!!! :blink: :blink: :blink:
I finaly found a way to delete all thumbs.db in my hard drives, any partitions, without re-creating new thumbs.db
option ON.
re-rechecked no new thumbs.db been created. deleted cache.ini
BUT THE SECOND TIME I LOAD TEXTURES WITH CACHE.INI CREATED. I STILL GET THE ERROR ABOVE WITH LINE 355
any idea how to fix that ? <----------------------------------------------
and i must mention, even after deleting all of them. it was still loading the thumbs.db pretty weird.
now i reformated my PC and its still, having the same error, please fix.

Last edited:

Whitelink11

I wish to test you're Test plugin but, i dont know why , now i have another bug, my emulator just wont load the PLUGINS at all, neither video or input.

I need to fix that in first to be able to try your test plugin.

Got any idea ?

Last edited:

Whitelink11

Thank you so much, i was sure i had already tried these c++ softwares, guess i had the wrong ones!!!, the 2010 x86 sp1 make my emu work again :D
And im on x64 windows. the x64 is not working, need the x86 :), thank you
Lol and i just noticed you already wrote we need c ++ visual as a requirement on the first page of this thread.
My bad i guess, thought the x86 work for me only.
Just tested the difference between 0.2 and test plugin.
The only difference i notice ON MY PC, is test plugin wont crash the emulator the second time with the option ON
of loadings textures, but it WONT load them.
0.2 plugin will crash on second time. and wont load textures same as test plugin.
No crash without textures.
Like you told me, if i delete cache.ini in textures of the game, folder, it will reload them without any problems.
And let me tell you once again, on 0.1.7 i never had a bug loading textures.
Hope it is all clear to you.
I dont think there is any difference on graphical quality , did you change anything lol ?

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
death--droid

death--droid

Firstly, please stop with having so many useless new lines, it makes your posts a pain to read.
You need the x86 one either way since Rice Video isn't a native 64bit dll.

Hmmm, I think I actually have an idea whats going wrong now. Should be solved shortly.

I dont think there is any difference on graphical quality , did you change anything lol ?
There isn't meant to be any graphics quality difference between 0.1.7 to 2.0...

Last edited:

Whitelink11

Im glad and happy, i could bring my help to the creators of the plugin.
I think its more clear and easier to read with a bit of space between sentences, but each have his own opinion.
Never knew its not a native 64.dll plugin, i'm happy to learn it.
And last, im talking the difference between the -> 0.2 plugin, and the TEST plugin <- you just posted. read carefully.

About 0.1.7 plugin, i only said, i never had a single problem loading textures.
;)

Last edited:
OP
death--droid

death--droid

I'm an idiot... fixed the caching up now, completely forgot to actually allocate space for the filenames and foldername when the cache.ini was read >.<

Version 0.2.1 is available here ->http://adf.ly/PuFHQ as of 2/06/2013

And last, im talking the difference between the -> 0.2 plugin, and the TEST plugin <- you just posted. read carefully.
XD The only difference was meant to be in texture loading, but the test plugin was flawed anyway.

Awesome! Ill look into actually bringing over many of your improvements! Thanks for that

Whitelink11

HEre you go, perfect, problem is gone. i've just tested it :D

I'm an idiot... fixed the caching up now, completely forgot to actually allocate space for the filenames and foldername when the cache.ini was read >.<

Lol it happens XD

Awesome! Ill look into actually bringing over many of your improvements! Thanks for that

It is my pleasure, no problem, i was justly thinking about hq4x lol, think it worth it for graphical quality or not

Last edited:

phly95

I see now, I've got an idea though. Instead of placing a texture onto a tri, it can load a model in its place, so for one tri on say, link's shield it is supposed to load a certain texture, it can load a model in its place and delete the rest of the tris on links shield that aren't being used (or put a fully transparent texture on top of the extra tris) so that you don't have to make a model for each tri.

I see that animation smoothing is a bit far fetched though.

Now that you fixed the cache.ini problem, please tell me what you think of this idea.

OP
death--droid

death--droid

It is my pleasure, no problem, i was justly thinking about hq4x lol, think it worth it for graphical quality
XD the post i quoted was in relation to Salvy not you... Hq4x is likely to make an appearance some time in the future again, but at the moment my main current goal at the moment is to clean the plugin up as much as possible and to port across all of Daedulus's improvement's (which is a fair few)

I see now, I've got an idea though. Instead of placing a texture onto a tri, it can load a model in its place, so for one tri on say, link's shield it is supposed to load a certain texture, it can load a model in its place and delete the rest of the tris on links shield that aren't being used (or put a fully transparent texture on top of the extra tris) so that you don't have to make a model for each tri.
Hmmm I suppose with the way you have put it there phly95, it may be possible. It would take quite a bit of research to see if it is actually feasible or not. Make a new issue on the github page about it so I don't forget about it >.< since its not exactly high on my todo list im likely to forget about it down the track.

Whitelink11

XD the post i quoted was in relation to Salvy not you... Hq4x is likely to make an appearance some time in the future again, but at the moment my main current goal at the moment is to clean the plugin up as much as possible and to port across all of Daedulus's improvement's (which is a fair few)

I think you're plugin is pretty clean :) , could you give me ONE ONLY, example of what you need to port as an improvement from daedalus ???

And are they going to be the same plugin if you port all the same thing from daedalus ??

I would like to know and understand, i found that really interesting.

Last edited:

Salvy

@@death--droid : Actually keep an eye at my fork: https://github.com/salvy/daedalus
Since StrmnNrmn will be busy making a GUI for Daedalus, his repo won't be updated in a while.

@@Whitelink11: One thing on top of my head is Sprite2D, Rice patches the jump table, not the neatest thing.. it should just fetch next instruction and loop executing as many sprite2D commands as possible, I seen batches of 300+ in Fighting Dragon!

EDIT: Here's another, just freshly cooked ;)
https://github.com/salvy/daedalus/commit/dd678a0964f8570cbfd0dcaa008357516c91c381

Last edited:

Whitelink11

Wow that is superb!!!! i find that really interesting , what it is called exactly, programmer analyst or something like that !?

developer, that is the name i was looking for :D Modeller, would that be the type of things, that i am analysing to help you guys yet ? or not lol

Yes i think that's it. i always analysed graphics and setup things like that.

Last edited:

Whitelink11

Project 64 wont load, map locations textures and the ground textures in lost wood, in zelda ocarina of time. could you look if there any problem ty.

Think its missing alot of textures when its loading them.

does you're plugin require only c++ 2010 to run properly ?

I'm giving you my opinion i try to to help find a solution

I attached pictures for you. not sure if link cloth textures are loaded too
its ( hdtextureszelda ) textures.

Attachments

• THE LEGEND OF ZELDA-5.png
    THE LEGEND OF ZELDA-5.png
    577.3 KB · Views: 76
  • THE LEGEND OF ZELDA-7.png
    THE LEGEND OF ZELDA-7.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 93
Last edited:
OP
death--droid

death--droid

@Salvy I will do :p, theres actually quite a bit i should really backport XD

@Whitelink11
Gah dude you forgot to stop the multiple new lines >.<
Ill look into the textures later

Whitelink11

Hello, i found a new bug, when i load my savestate in full screen mode, it make a directx error then the emulator is crashing. please could you fix that, ty.

In project64

EDIT :

New bug donkey kong 64 in frantic factory, when you play the old arcade machine with donkey kong, the background screen is white, when the game start it crash, i think it should be black normally.

3 good bug for you to fix, plus the one with zelda 64 at the cutscene with zelda. you said something about a frame buffer, at post #196

My pleasure :)

Last edited: