Page 93 of 94 FirstFirst ... 438391929394 LastLast
    EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I'm the 3rd user in the database (1st one to register) I guess that makes me a senior member?
    Help stop the NSA surveillance (Placeholder signature until I get a better one)

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I shall be lurking there with diligence =w=

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fanatic 64 View Post
    I'm the 3rd user in the database (1st one to register) I guess that makes me a senior member?
    Jealous i got 12th

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Good idea to have your own forums. Registered today
    "Change is inevitable; progress is optional"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MarathonMan View Post
    Forums are now up at cen64.com

I'm having problems with my mailer, so check your spam folder after registering as your mail is probably there.

Correct, but it does allow "static" plugins (the plugins are integrated into the binary and are not configurable at runtime).
    brb quoting this
    "The question isn't can it be done, but are you willing to do it." - Me

Check out my vids!
    _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
    Drug Free For Life: 98% of the teenage population has
    tried drugs at least once. If you are one of the 2%
    who hasn't, copy and paste this into your signature.
    _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I just want to say, I'm glad that this is happening. The last few days I was thinking about how messed up the N64 emulation scene is. But it seems like it still has a pulse. I hope that this project works out in the end.

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I made a really basic frontend for CEN64 that was overhauled by Beannaich . If there's any problems with it I can try to fix them, as well any features you want let me know I can see what I can do.

For latest version go here

http://cen64.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=8
    Last edited by Brawler; October 28th, 2013 at 03:35.

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    If you guys have any requests or bugs report them here

http://cen64.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=8
    Last edited by Brawler; October 25th, 2013 at 23:10.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    So what's up?
    MCMLXXXIII

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Remote View Post
    So what's up?
    Real life/work, illness, marathon training, ... take your pick. These two weeks will prove to be especially busy at work.

I definitely haven't gotten much time to work on CEN64 lately. Anyways:

* I am internally working on a rewrite of the VR4300 core that will permit me to multi-thread CEN64 (I also found a few bugs, but I'm not certain that they were ever encountered since most of them were edge cases). There are lots of extra steps that need to be done when multi-threading a cycle accurate simulator (the VR4300 core basically needs to be able to "rewind" itself back in time), so I am not sure that it will be faster, or how much faster it will be if it proves to be faster.

Programming perspective: I checkpoint the state of certain pieces of the core and basically treat time as a transactional event. Basically, I commit several cycles of simulation at a time, while keeping checkpoints of the core at previous places in time around until I am certain that every core in the system has elapsed past that time. If there was an interrupt or some event that another core raises that occured in the past, I rewind to the closest checkpoint that proceeds that event and replay the simulation, only this time I service the interrupt that occurred in the past. The hope is that communication with the bus is sparse enough that large checkpoint intervals can be used and the VR4300 can execute mostly undisturbed on it's own host core and only potentially have coherency issues when accessing common components like RDRAM.

* I'm also working on internally experimenting with implementing the VR4300 on an FPGA. Maybe something like FPGABoy, but FPGAN64 , will be a reality. I don't know anything about FPGAs, though, so it's been a learning experience. But I could say the same for the C programming language 4 years ago, and N64 emulation about a year and a half ago... so who knows what the future will bring.

• Advertising

advertising
      EmuTalk.net
      has no influence
      on the ads that
      are displayed

Page 93 of 94 FirstFirst ... 438391929394 LastLast